A Legend's Birth and Lost Kingdom

There within the bleak moonlight, lay a white speckled brown mare. Her thick mane matted to the ground by sweat as her heaving body laid on the fur covered stone floor. On the other side of the dark room, a young colt patiently sits, watching his mother. His eyes shifted to the tall handsome figure of his father. The moonlight cast thin shadows on his face as he stood over his beloved. The mare grunted one final time before a small snorting nicker filled the room. The tired mare sat up as a small dark-maned chestnut filly wobbled in the dimness.

"Thailon. Come see your daughter!" The mare coaxed. The stallion walked over and laid down close to his newborn filly who was looking on with her big doe-eyes.

"Mae govannen, little one!" He turned to his mate.

"What shall she be called, Theila?" The mare, Theila, paused and glanced at the moon then back to the little foal.

"Summer....Therina. May her days be filled with sunbeams and happiness!" Theila then stood and nudged little Therina to do the same. Therina put her two front legs in front of her and with a mighty shove; launched onto her feet. But she might have shoved too hard; for she tumbled forward, completed a full summersault before crashing at the hooves of her big brother. Theila and Thailon chuckled at the sight, while the young colt got on his knees and helped his baby sister to her hooves. She looked up at him and blinked her big brown eyes before she squealed with excitement. Little did they know what they were in for!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡Time skip

"Therina wait up!" A tiny girl no more than four years old called. Her black locks of hair and waved like a banner as she ran after her big brother and sister.

"Got ya!" The tiny girl shrieked as she tackled her brother to the soft grass.

"Hahahaha! Stop it, now! Please have mercy, namad! He cried with mirth lacing his voice.

"Never! Ahh! Therina! Have mercy, please!" The girl giggled as her big sister saved her brother from the tickle attack.

"No mercy from you, so no mercy for you, Therisa!" The three siblings rolled around for a little more, then got up, dusted themselves off, and straighten their clothes. They walked to the small stream that flowed down the hill and into the lake of Esgaroth. Stripping off their boots, socks, and belts; they sprinted into the cool water. And that is when they heard it, a roar followed by a hot dry wind racing from the north! Trees were suddenly ripped from their roots and came crashing down all around the three youths!

"Run!" Therina shouted, her face etched with fear. They began to tear through the torn shrubs and blown down trees! Suddenly the faint sound of a bell rang in Therisa's ears!

"What is that?!" She cried over the wind. Her question was answered when the bell was drowned out by another roar that split the sky! They came to a field and Therina gasped with fright! There, flying above the great City of Dale, releasing infernos of fire was a huge, winged lizard! Dark black and red scales covered its body and its eyes burned with hatred and greed.

"It's Ada and Amad!"

"Where?!" Therisa all but shrieked!

"There!"

But Therina hadn't heard a word that was spoken. She was too focused on a thin figure atop a tower to listen. As she watched; something continually flew at the beast: an arrow? Then her mother was tugging Therina into the bushes were the family of five sat watching with concern and sorrow.