𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 36

♡︎𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊' 𝚙𝚘𝚟♡︎

"fine. ok. You' re lost right now. You're so young and you have no idea what you're going to do with the rest of your life. And it terrifies you. it scares you to death. But even after everything that's happening, and it's a lot, you're still here. for fuck's sake, at least you're trying. and for now that's enough." i said to Karl as we sat in my room with Elodie.

"i know... sorry to bring the mood down tho.." he mumbled.

"never say that again. and your scars are battle scars that you won. i'm sorry that i saw them without you wanting to but i couldn't not speak about it."

"we're always here for you Karl. you're part of the bestie trio from now on" agreed Elodie.

"i don't want to get emotional but i fucking love you even if it's been a realllyyy short time that i knew you both" he hugged us.

"let's head down again, momma Alessia must be wondering where we disappeared."

We went down the stairs, to the kitchen, and there was my mom teaching Lucas how to cook Elodie's favorite dish.

"that's mad cute." Karl announced.

"don't be sad! i can cook you and ophelia" mom said.

"i literally want you to adopt me" he replied.

"don't we all" said lucas stirring the sauce.

"you're already my big babies" mom hugged them. wow. i feel so left out.

"why the fuck does it say connected if it's not going to act like it" yelled Eros at his phone from the living room.

"watch your words you asshole" mom there back at him "and start setting up the table"

"i'll go and help him out"

"no let him do something useful in his life" mom rolled her eyes.

__♡︎__♡︎__♡︎__♡︎__♡︎__♡︎__♡︎__♡︎__♡︎__♡︎__

We sat in the living room waiting for eros and lucas to finish up everything. then thr doorbell rang.

"oh that must be Amara!!" mom stood up excitedly.

"what? she came with him?" don't get me wrong. i missed her so damn much but i was nervous all of a sudden.

"i hope so. We saw him like two weeks ago when he came to visit us" dad responded. i know i told my parents that i'm friends with him but i feel like they know more than me. i expected them to not talk to him at all after everything.

"You didn't have to" came my mom's voice from the doorway.

i decided to go there and greet amar and see if he's there.

"oh my gosh amara!!! i miss youuu so much!!!" i ran to her and hugged her as soon as i saw her standing next to my mom.

"oh dear! you grew more beautiful!" we pulled away from the hug.

"hey lia" his deep voice sent shivers to my spine, making me feel all tingly. no. stop it.

"hello. please do come in" i stepped aside but only amara came in and went with mom inside.

"aren't you coming in?" i asked him.

"i want to talk to you" he responded.

"babe!! ophelia? what do you want to drink?" yelled Karl from the kitchen.

"it doesn't matter Karl" i yelled back.

"oh- i- i didn't know you.." alex stuttered.

"he's not-

" it's okay. as much as it hurts, if you really are happy, i can leave you alone. even if it breaks me. but i completely destroyed my chance because i was a weak bitch. you don't need to know why storms are named after people ophelia"

"can't you shut up?" i asked annoyed but slightly touched by his words. don't let him get to you. he'll hurt you again.

"he's not my boyfriend. actually he's-

"ooooo hello there hot stuff" karl' s voice cut me off.

"for heaven's sake let me speak to him" i said annoyed at being cut off.

"we'll come in a few minutes karls" i continued.

"i'll be writing my number on his napkin" and he went back inside so i decided to go on the porch so we can have this 'talk' quietly.

"as i was saying, Karl is gay." i looked at Alexander "what do you want to talk about anyway? it's not like there's anything going on"

"i miss you lia. i know i fucked up but you have to let me explain everything. you don't understand how much i aches for you every night. how my soul screams for yours. it's definitely not love at first sight like i always thought, because i'm sure it's soul recognition. "

"you can't actually be serious right now."i looked at him dumbfooled.

"you made me stay awake for months, every night i was wondering where did i go wrong or why wasn't i enough.

"i had to. i was weak, with no power. if i didn't do it he would've took everything from you. i couldn't take away your dreams. i would die than see you as you watch your years of hardwork vanish."

"My hands trembled and my entire body froze as you wrapped your warm arms around my cold waist. You assured me that i would be safe in your arms. And as days went on i held tighter but all if a sudden you let go, and i was left there holding on, wondering where your warm went." i took a deep breath, swallowing back the tears.

" and still, a part of me wants an answer but a part of me doesn't want to know. A part of me wants to hold on, but a part of me wants to let you go " but i'm not able to.," and the saddest part is that it'll never stop hurting... giving someone the best of you and watch them choose someone else. " i turned to leave but his words froze me in my spot.

"i was forced to lia. My father wasn't a nice man and i couldn't put you in danger. i didn't even talk to that stupid girl after you left. the fucker only needed us to break up, he never wanted me to be happy."

"you could've refused. together we couldn't fought it."

"i would never take away your dream lia. i always had a plan of coming back to you. i had to i insure your safety first." he came forward and tucked a shrunk of hair behind my ear.

"i would only want a lifetime with you. because i'm yours even if you wouldn't be mine anymore. i'll always belong to you, beautiful lia"

_______________________________________