Chapter FORTY- SEVEN

Elijah's P.O.V

I woke up with a throbbing headache. The light shining in the room through the window made me squint my eyes. With my eyes closed, I groaned and rolled over on my bed so I could reach for my alarm on the table that's usually beside my bed. My hand felt emptiness and I frowned. Who took my table away?

I opened my eyes with eyebrows furrowed in confusion. There is no table beside the bed. I looked around me and saw a purple dressing table on the side of the room. Where am I? My head was throbbing and I couldn't really recall what happened last night. I suddenly felt a cold breeze blow past me making me shiver and realize that I am shirtless.

I lifted the white duvet that covered my waist downwards and saw only my black boxer. Bits of the happening last night flashed, making me squeeze my eyes shut. I remembered angrily driving to Stephanie's place, then drinking with her. That's all I could recall.

I saw a door open and Stephanie walk in, wearing a short, light pink robe. She walked in with a smile, holding a tray in her hands. The plates in the tray are covered. I watched as she came over and sat by the edge of the bed. "Morning baby" she smiled, dropping the tray of food beside me.

Shit! I didn't sleep with her, did I? "How did I get here?" I asked, with a blank face. She giggled and lifted the covers of the plates. It is scrambled eggs and toast. I almost salivated at the sight.

"You don't remember?" She said. "We'll talk about that later. In short, last night was fun and I enjoyed it. So just eat your food, I'll get you some aspirin for the hangover" she explained. Fun? Shit!

I sprung up from my sitting position, startling her. "Where are my clothes?" I asked. Her eyebrows her furrowed as she watches my every move.

"They are in the laundry. Are you leaving?" She stood up, frowning. I cursed out in frustration as I opened the nearest door to me which is luckily her laundry. I picked up my trousers and started putting it on.

"Yes" I answered and her frown deepened. I buttoned up the waist if my trousers and used my belt. What was I thinking?! I should have never slept with her! Shit!

"If this is about school, I already talked to my dad about it. We won't get punished for skipping and--" she started, walking towards me.

"No, Stephanie. It is not because of school." I said cutting her off. I picked up my shirt and shrugged it on. I started to do the buttons. Stephanie stood in front of me, a frown etched in her face.

"Then why are you leaving?" She asked. Even though the shirt is wrinkled, I have no choice.

"Because" I started and met her gaze. "Because this wasn't supposed to happen Stephanie." I said, softly.

Her eyes started to pool with tears. "I know you were drunk last night when it happened but didn't it mean something to you? Because it did to me" she said, her eyes pleading.

I ran my hands through my hair, realizing how messy it is. " Look, I'm sorry Steph. I don't even know why I came back here. This is a mistake. It's all a mistake." I explained to her, feeling remorseful.

"So you just used me? Right. Just like everyone else. Everyone just uses me to get over their stupid emotions" she threw her hands in the air, in exasperation. A tear dropped on her cheek and she quickly wiped it away. I felt like a monster. She walked over to the bed and carried the tray. "I was thinking you should have breakfast. Do you know how hard it was for me to make this?" She said, looking at me.

"I..." I trailed off. She Another tear fell and she wiped it off aggressively.

"No you don't! Do you know how many videos I had to download? How many times I broke my nail?" She said to me. I tried to speak but she added. " You know what, Just leave. Since that's all everyone know how to do after fucking Stephanie, the slut." She yelled at me and started to walk out of the room.