14

───※ ·❆· ※───

"Oli, get off of me before I tell all the available men that your chlamydia isn't gone." Poppy hissed as her best friend pinned her to the matt once again. 

It was the next day of 'war camp' (as Oli liked to refer to it) and Sky had briefly told her that he had to go look for bloom, something to do with headmaster Silva, he had looked reluctant to go but after assuring that she would be completely fine on her own he left. 

And that's where Oliver came in.

Oliver had gotten fed up of his specialist asking questions about being gay, they both now suspected that he was insecure about something and Oliver had quickly left to find Poppy. They both had gotten bored and found an empty specialist mat to play fight on. 

They had quickly gotten competitive and it was safe to say that, Poppy, was absolutely shit at physical fighting. She hadn't even managed to get one kick in, sure she had punched him a few times with her famous right hook that Riven loves but Oliver would quickly overpower her and bring her down to the ground.

"This is too much fun." Oliver grinned not knowing why they hadn't done this before, knocking his best friend on her arse for twenty minutes brought him so much joy. Poppy jumped up and rushed at him, she was too predictable and Oliver flipped her onto the ground again making her land with a thump.

She rolled onto her side and just as Oliver was about to jump on her she flicked her wrists and no less than eight vines shot up from around the matt and held him. She stood up and circled him like a predator. With a flash of her eyes the vines around his feet tightened and forced him flat to the ground.

"This isn't fair! We said no powers!" Oliver whined as the vines around his torso and arms retreated but the ones around his feet remained so he couldn't get up.

"No, you said no powers because you knew I was stronger," Poppy corrected chuckling and turning around. Oliver grinned and thrusted his hands out, pushing out a beam of flames. Poppy spun around and threw up dirt walls which got burnt before falling back into place. The smoke cleared and Poppy stood there smiling at him with glowing green eyes making him mutter profanities, "I will always win, Oli."

"Yeah, yeah, now let me up." Oliver muttered unhappily. He didn't know why he always challenged Poppy as like she said, she always wins. Poppy laughed at his silly behaviour and the vines retreated. They both got into a stance again and less than a minute later Poppy laid on the ground holding her stomach winded.

Headmistress Dowling and Headmaster Silva had seen the interaction and were slightly dumbfounded by the girl. She had always been a very promising student, if only she revised more, but seeing her fight with her powers was so incredible.