Chapter 45

Veronica's POV

Alexander's party (a week later)

When Alexander invited me to his party, I was hesitant then I remembered the reason why I should go.

Cocaine.

After everything, this is my only friend.

I have never been to Alexander's house before but it's quite spacious, not as much as Shanice or James' house.

My favorite thing is that I don't know anyone here, besides Alexander.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Alexander asks while I pour another glass of tequila.

"I could enjoy it more..." I say with a playful tone and he immediately understands what I meant.

"Besides cocaine?" he flirts back as he bumps his elbow into mine to grab the tequila bottle.

"No. Don't even try."

I have no desire to ever do anything with Alexander again.

"What happened with your boyfriend?"

I roll my eyes and I ignore his question for a few seconds.

"He isn't my boyfriend," I say through gritted teeth and he shrugs.

"Whatever you two were. I haven't heard from him lately."

"Maybe I should invite him..." he continues and I almost smack him in the face.

"Fuck off," I spit and he laughs.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you Olivia is coming too."

I roll my eyes and I sit on his couch, the only one that isn't occupied by hormonal young people.

"Why would you invite her?"

"She is my friend, kinda." He laughs and I immediately understand what he means by friend, and I also think about Derek being with her... touching her-

Stop, Veronica, get it together.

Alexander searches into his jacket pockets and after countless searches, he throws me two small plastic bags filled with cocaine.

I catch them with my free hand and I smile.

The first genuine smile of tonight.

"Aww, so sweet. The drug addict reunited with her addiction." Olivia jumps on the couch and sits next to me.

I roll my eyes and I look at Alex, he is staring at her deep cleavage and I roll my eyes again.

"This is quite funny, Derek fucked me on a couch too!" she says enthusiastically and I look at her.

She is patiently waiting for me to give her a reaction and I'm not going to give her that pleasure.

"He probably didn't think you were worthy enough for the bed," I say relaxed despite how jealous this situation makes me.

"Oh, no, the complete opposite. He just couldn't wait," she brags and I fail to hide the shift in my mood and she smirks.

"We would have fucked at your home but we figured it would be too mean," she finishes and gives me a fake pout, and without even thinking I just throw my drink at her.

An almost full tequila glass.

Olivia gasps and she stands up furious and I laugh.

She is going to smell like shit for the rest of the night, and frankly, she deserves it.