Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 11 | The Ring and Flowers

"When do you think the wedding will be?" I ask, because I need to prepare myself mentally before that happens.

"A month from now," Luke answers, making me gasp.

"A month?" I say in disbelief. That's impossible. So soon? I thought that he would say around three months or so.

But then I remember that he wants to ruin the other arranged marriage that his parents have forced him into.

Luke tilts his head, staring at me with amusement. "What? Too excited to marry me that you can't even wait for a month? Should I make it sooner?"

I glare at him, but he just laughs in return, and I want to ruin his face.

"Are you crazy?" I grit my teeth.

"I never said that I'm not," he says. "In fact, since you asked me, my honest answer is that I would very much like us to get married tomorrow."

I know that he's joking, but the serious tone at the end of his sentence makes me somehow doubt that at the same time.

God, this man is indeed crazy. Why did I even question that?

Silence falls for a while before I speak again.

"I don't mind having a small wedding," I let him know. "Without too many guests, just some close friends—"

He cuts me off with his annoying scoff.

"Not going to happen," he says. "I want it to be the biggest wedding this year, one that will make the world explode, one that will make each and every person walking on this planet know that we're married."

Right. I almost forgot that he wants to make his parents have a heart attack.

"But it's impossible to execute such a grand wedding in just a month of preparation," I argue, trying to knock some sense into his head.

"Why should we worry about that?" he retorts. "As far as I remember, we won't be the ones who should worry about that."

I stare at him in disbelief, but at the same time, I know that he's right.

He can make it happen without even having to lift a finger.

*

"What about Harry?" Peter asks.

The day after I told Luke that I was going to marry him, another emergency meeting is held at my house.

My team has gathered again, minus Morgan.

"Yes, put him on the list," I answer Peter, who's handling the guestlist for my wedding reception.

He adds Harry Styles and sighs. There's still a long list of potential guests to go through, most of whom are my friends in the music industry.

Since Luke made Astalis Records fire Morgan, I don't answer her calls nor do I allow her to come to my house anymore.

I need to do this for a while to compose myself, and she needs to get out of my professional life to clear her mind and to realize all of her mistakes.

I've made up my mind, and if she barges into my life now, I know that she'll fuck with my head again.

I watch the rest of my team, who look like they're in a disaster. Oscar is talking non-stop on the phone. Paul focuses on Peter's laptop, browsing through the venue options for the reception—I find it funny when he shakes his head, nods and speaks to himself.

Mike, however, fumes as he sits in the corner of the room. He still has a problem with Luke after Luke kicked him out of his office twice.

Mike still can't believe that I've agreed to marry Luke.