16

[TRIGGER WARNING : BLOOD AND GORE]

───※ ·❆· ※───

The girls and Sam had all been in their respective rooms when the light started flickering. Poppy frowned looking up at the lights before climbing out of bed and tucking her phone in her back pocket. 

"Are we having a power outage?" Stella asked as they all gathered in the living room of the suite. Poppy wasn't scared however because Oliver always made her watch horror films and she knew 

"How does that even happen here?" Aisha questioned looking at the lights which would stay on for a few seconds then repeatedly flash. 

"Well, it shouldn't." Terra shook her head before explaining, "Alfea's an outpost. The electricity it runs on is magic. Beneath the school. are energy wells designed by..."

"Yeah, I'm gonna skip the history lesson and check it out." Sam nodded.

"Oh no you don't, batman," Poppy grabbed him by the ear as he started to walk to the door and pulled him back, "You need to stay here with them." Poppy gestured to the other girls who all frowned knowing that only the two eldest earth fairies could leave. 

Sam grabbed his ear and quizzed his sister, "Why can't you?"

"Because I'm older." Poppy said with a smug smile. 

Sam rolled his eyes, "That's stupid, I'm going."

Poppy stepped in front of him whispering the words the three siblings had always used with each other, "My brother, my responsibility." Poppy spoke softly grabbing his face in her hands and kissing his temple. 

Poppy moved to the door but was stopped as Sam grabbed her and pulled her back. It was like this never ending tug of war between the two. 

"My sister, my responsibility." Sam retorted equally as quiet knowing she could no longer argue with him now that he had used her own words against her. Two was better than one anyway. The siblings engaged in a tense stare before Poppy nodded.

They both didn't look back as they marched out through the door with no effort and into the hallway. The lights remained flickering as they walked round corners, staying close to each other. Poppy started to hear the whispers again but there were too little plants for her to make out anything.

She didn't know that they were warning their mother, for the power in her was much like a reborn Mother Nature. She didn't understand what they were saying so she ignored all the whispers and carried on with her brother. The power in her stirred and she could feel herself getting jittery. 

"Hello?" Sam called out into the corridors. The lights turned off for what seemed like permanently. 

Poppy smacked his arm and hissed, "Well done, doofus," she smacked him upside the head for good measure, "I've seen way too many horror films to know that as soon as you call out, the murderer comes to kill us!"