✘1.48

A pure white blanket of snow was a canvas over the ground, brightening up the dreary atmosphere

Jisoo caught sight of the two girls who were waiting for her by the river, demanding to see her as soon as possible.

"Hey." Jisoo greeted, slightly worried about why they had been so desperate to see her and why this specific place.

Aria cut her conversation with Chaerin and turned to see Jisoo standing with her nose a slight hue of red that spread over her cheeks from the brittle cold.

"Hey, sorry for making you come this way but, this-" Chaerin pointed to the abandoned house Jisoo had found the first day she came here. "Matches the drawing."

Aria held up the drawing of the house and the portal, Jisoo grasped the piece of paper between her fingers and glanced up at the house.

"...what's in there?"
"We have no idea." Aria admitted, gnawing on her bottom lip before their silence was broken by the sound of the air changing from the intensity of three new figures.

Jisoo turned around, eyes falling onto Jisung, Donghyuck and Renjun who had joined them.
The fallen smiled at Renjun as their eyes met but Chaerin tugged on her arm.

"You have your bracelet right- in case anything happens?"

Jisoo nodded, holding up her wrist but became clouded with confusion.
Donghyuck ruffled her hair after seeing worry flash by her expression.

"Don't worry too much, just precautions. Anyway, I'll be with Aria searching around the place but you four can search the house."

"Do you really think something is in there?" Jisoo spoke up, hand close into a fist to stop her trembling fingers and even though she had a thick coat on- Renjun's she forgot to give back- the cold swarmed over her and her blood turned icy.

Renjun's eyes flickered over to her, raking over the length of the attire she was wearing but mostly his coat and he fought back the urge to say anything due to seeing the fear plastered across her face.

Chaerin and Jisung walked towards the house, hand in hand and Renjun nudged the girl with his hand to bring her back into reality.

"You scared?" He teased and she shook her head profusely.
"Scared? I'm not...I'm not scared." She looked over at the dreary, abandoned house and gulped.

Renjun laughed at her expression, reaching out to clasp his warm soft hand around her wrist to pull her along with him.

"I didn't think it would snow this year." Renjun commented and Jisoo hummed in agreement- looking over at the blanket of white adorning the ground- her steps leaving prints into the untouched canvas.

Renjun and Jisoo stood in the middle of the hallway, watching as Jisung and Chaerin began walking up the grand staircase.

In awe of the opulent well designed interior, Jisoo's eyes gleamed with the reflection of the large golden chandelier that hung high on the ceiling.