17.

I collected a few of the bare necessities in a haze, my brain still trying to process what the fuck was going on. All I knew was that Harry thinks betrayed him and they were taking me somewhere. I had tried to Niall when we were in my apartment but he had just laughed and told me to hurry up before he puts a bullet in my foot. I had shut my mouth pretty quickly after that.

I sat in silence during the second drive with then of the night, my eyes glued on Harry. He had sat quietly in the passenger seat once Niall and I had come back from my apartment, not uttering a word until Niall pulled into the underground parking of his complex.

"I'll leave ya' here, Haz, you going to be okay?" He asked. "I've got to get my car from the club."

I didn't have a clear view of Niall because I was seated directly behind his seat, but I could hear the concern in his voice. Harry nodded at his friend and his eyes flickered to me.

"Let's go Spice," Harry said flatly. "I'm not going to zip tie you like Niall did. You run, I shoot. Got it?"

I stared in shock as Niall snickered in the front seat. "Try not to kill her," Niall reminded him with a pat on the shoulder. "It's too hard to bring a body up from such a high floor."

Harry didn't say anything, he had just jumped out and slammed the door shut behind him. I took it as my cue to follow, so with my bag tucked underneath my arm, I scurried after him, trying not to get hit by the doors of the apartment as I did. I was somewhat thankful Niall had given me time to change into more comfortable clothes and a pair of sneakers when I was at my apartment. I had walked out shivering from the club, getting a few too many looks as I did.

My hair was still a mess though and I felt the sweat cling to my body. I hadn't dared to ask for him to let me have a shower. What was the point? I had thought nimbly. I'm sure I was going to die anyway, why bother?

The ride up the elevator with Harry was quiet, apart from the sound of my shallow breathing and the drumming of Harry's fingers against his thigh, there wasn't another sound. Not even the dreaded elevator music. I never thought I'd see the day where I wanted to hear it.

Unable to help myself, I peaked up  at Harry, frowning at how distant his eyes were. He seemed to be glaring at the wall, his lips pressed in a firm line as he thought about something.

Seeming to sense my stare, he met my eyes, now projecting his glare onto me.

"What?" He snapped, making me gulp.

I shook my head and looked away quickly. "Nothing."

Harry clearly didn't like my answer. He let out a deep growl from the back of his throat, before his fist slammed down on the emergency button. I staggered forward as it abruptly stopped, sending me flying into Harry's chest.

He caught me easily, holding me by my arms as I regained my balance. I took a deep breath just as my heart began to race from being so close to him.

"Let's try that again," he whispered, though he sounded irritated. "What were you staring at, Spice?"

I gulped, flinching away from his touch. He let out a dry laugh, dropping his hands, but not stepping away from me. He stared at me, a smirk playing on his lips, an eyebrow raised. I hated how attractive he was, and how he made my body react in a way that made me want to scream. Normal people didn't think psychopaths were good looking.

I gritted down on my teeth and looked away, unable to hold his intense gaze that were making my thoughts run wild. "Want me to be honest?" I asked quietly.

Harry snorted. "Is that even something you know how to do?" He asked bitterly. "I don't think you have an honest bone in your body."

I stiffened at the accusation. "That's not true. I was put in a position where my life was threatened! Any normal person would of done the same fucking thing!"