36

You stared at the note.

The memories you had from the night of your rescue were vague, but the image of a man with wings who had been standing between you and Dabi was one that remained clear in your mind.

The fact that he had sent the message directly meant that his proposition was something that the heroes did not know of. Otherwise, he would have gone through them first.

You placed the slip of paper onto your desk and sighed.

What on Earth could his proposition be? You needed to find a way to get in contact, it would have been much easier if he had relayed some details of what exactly he wanted you for. Instead, he had been ominous and forced you into a situation where you would overthink every detail until finding out what it was.

Suddenly, the feather began to move. You quickly grabbed it, but it continued to pull toward the door. It was as if it was being called to a specific location.

Oh, the feather's probably going back to the hero who sent it.

And then an idea came to you, with a firm hold on the feather you grabbed a pen and wrote underneath the original note.

"I don't have a phone Bird Man, gonna need another plan if you want to talk."

You stuck the paper back onto the feather and released it from your grip. It flew out of the doors leading to the balcony and disappeared into the darkness.

You stared after it for a moment and then proceeded to shut the doors.

You'd come back and check for a response in the morning, if you stayed here much longer then Bakugou would probably come after you. You wanted to wait until you knew the full story before telling him of this interaction.

You walked toward the door and stopped in front, turning your head back. "Bubbles, before I leave are you sure there's nothing you want to say to me?"

Your fish simply stared at you through the glass.

"It's gonna happen eventually." You said as you stepped into the hallway.

When you got back to Bakugous dorm the lights had already been turned off. You quietly walked to the bed and laid down.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

"I got an unexpected message."

He rolled over, "what was it about?"

"Honestly I'm not sure, I think I should know more by tomorrow."

"And do you plan on telling me when you know more?"

"Probably." You gave a small smile, "don't worry about it ok?"

"You know, those words are extremely worrying coming from you."

You laughed, "let's just go to bed."

"Fine."

---------------------------------

Bakugous POV:

He was stuck.

He was unable to move a single part of his body, forced to stare helplessly as you were dragged away.

He watched as you screamed and struggled against your captor, but your efforts were futile.

A voice began to whisper into his ear. "Why aren't you doing anything?"

He attempted to respond but no sound came from his mouth.

The voice spoke again, "you're just going to watch? You could save her you know, just move."