𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 37

☆𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟☆

The weekend came sooner than expected. i'm actually surprised how fast my days have been going this week.

So since it was Saturday, i decided to go to Elodie' s favorite place. I know it may sound weird, but i went there a lot to 'cope' and i still do. and i took care of the tente and even put a swing.

It helps me feel some kind of comfort. Because i know she can't give me anything more. But i'll always be thankful for what she had given me. I'll take memories and lessons with me for a lifetime. i just wish i could take her too.

it always felt right with her, but it would break my heart open, stab my soul and burn my spirit if i see her hurt again in the very way i hurt her. i'll forever hate myself for that.

She was the one who made me forget my self hatred, and even love who i am. But it was me who destroyed everything. because i always was a piece of shit that ruin everything. that doesn't deserve happiness. i didn't want to take hers too...

I put on my shorts and some t-shirt and started my journey to the magical spot. It was noon so the sun was still shining brightly above me.

Arriving there, i heard heavenly giggles from outside the trees. i knew it was her. i could recognize anything about her anywhere. and i knew i shouldn't go there but i had to see her. i couldn't stand hearing her laughs without seeing her smile, even if it was more then enough to explode years of happiness in my heart.

I pushed the trees and came inside, and i was welcomed by the view of her lying on the grass with skye attacking her. fucking hell, she's a goddess. i would literally worship her. i already do.

"ophelia?" with my voice she sat so fast looking at me mortified, but skye was more than happy to come greet me.

"wha- what are you doing here?" she asked.

it was my turn to turn speechless then stutter.

"i- i actually come here from time to time. it- it reminds me of you" i was so fucking nervous.

"i noticed the swing. thank you"

"you're welcome. euhm, can i join you?" hope was dripping from my question.

"yeah.." she nodded, so i made my way towards her and sat next to her.

"you look breathtakingly beautiful lia" i sat without noticing.

"thank you" she looked away. "you really need to stop messing with me Alexander."

"i'm not lia. i never did." i paused, ready to tell her everything. "i want to explain everything to you.. and you're going to listen."

"My dad is bad man. he was greedy and only loved money, so when he got the company from my grandpa, he didn't know how to be a ceo and only spent money on my mom. So he fell in debts and even had a few illegal contracts. He never liked to see me happy, even when i was little, he never bought me toys or anything that would make a child happy. But when you came into my life, i didn't need anything but you to feel satisfied and content with everything. for the first time i felt complete and truly happy and enthusiastic. " i looked at her at continued.

"he never experienced any of that with my mother, the happiness that i got hy simply looking at your picture used to get him mad, and he said that it was a weakness. but you never were a weak spot lia, you were always my strength. So he decided to try and talk it out with me so i can break up with you, but i never accepted. Until it got really extreme and he threatened me but i didn't care. But when he said that he would put your name on the contract of one his dirty works, i had to do something. He even promised to let all colleges reject you. I believed him because he could do it, and i had no power over him.. "

"you were my power, but i wouldn't put you in danger to protect my own happiness. and i knew that i hurt you a lot.. but i swear, i promise you it was never in my intention. But when you when away, i worked so hard, i got rid of all contracts and debts and i'm starting to get the company on its way to millions. and most importantly is that i threw that mother fucker in jail. And my mother, actually went back to her parents house or whatever. i don't really care about their marriage, they arranged it themselves anyway. " i was trying my best to not hug her.

" i even talked to your parents about the situation and everything, and i was planning to fly to Paris to you.. but i didn't want to ruin your graduation with my presence... " i fucking loathe this.

"i'm so fucking sorry for everything i have ever done to you lia... but trust me, i never slept knowing that you were hurting."

"Alexander.. i don't know what to say" she murmured. baby it's never your fault. all mine.

"it's pathetic really, how much i wish it was you and me in the end. But i want nothing but the best for you, i really do, it's just that sometimes i wish if the best for you was me." i whispered, my voice cracking slightly.

Ophelia smiled looking at me, but i spoke before she could

"Your smile is actually the most perfect thing in the whole world. When i see you smile, my heart skips a beat, my stomach flips, and i can't help but stare. It is my favorite thing in the world, seeing you smile. you have no idea how adorable you are."

"as much as i build walls of stone around my heart, one look from you would make them crumble... You don't have to forgive me beautiful lia.. but just know that for me it'll always be you, and only you."

_______________________________________

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?