60. The Happy Ending

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"PILLOW FIGHT!" Jimin yelled and threw a pillow at a sleepy Yoongi. The room was filled with dozens of pillows flying around and hitting each other. I laughed when I threw a pillow right on Suga who was trying to build a pillow castle to protect himself. The castle fell down and that made the angry Suga to run after me.

"SHUT UP, YOU ANIMALS!" My mother suddenly barged inside and glared at all of us and even at the pillows, "It is already close to midnight and this is what you idiots are doing. Now off to bed before I grab my katana and chop off all your heads."

We didn't need another warning as we quickly jumped onto our futons and pulled the quilt over our head, "Taehyung, I need you to come out," my mom suddenly said to me.

"Huh?" I looked up at my mother who was leaning against the wall, "Me?"

"Is there another Taehyung in this room?" she asked and walked out. I got up and followed her out of the room. We walked away from the house and to the gardens which were lit by small lanterns on the sides of the footpath.

"Come and sit here," she said and patted to her side on the huge swing she was sitting on. I sat beside her and crossed my legs as we enjoyed the cold air of the night.

"Are you worried about the clan?" my mom suddenly asked me and I nodded after a few seconds. I was actually worried. With no heir, it will fall down and the efforts of my ancestors will go down in dirt. I want to be the heir, but at the same time, I don't want to be.

"Was my choice the wrong thing?" I asked her as her eyes gazed at the ground.

"Right or wrong, I don't know that. For some it is right, while for the others it is wrong. But if this is what you want, I can't stop you," I hummed and looked around the garden, "And if you are worried about the clan, don't be. There is someone else who will take care of it."

"Huh? Who is that?" I asked her as a small, gentle smile crept onto her face.

"Hikaru and Kaoru."

"What?!" I gasped in shock as she slowly nodded, "Why them? I mean, aren't they adopted? And—"

"Nope. They belong to our family," she chuckled and leaned back on the swing, "When Eiko's wife was pregnant, she knew that if her child survived, then Akio will surely kill them because that will indirectly mark them as the next heir. When she gave birth, there were three children, but the third one died while the other two survived. Those two are Hikaru and Kaoru."

"You are saying that—"

"Yes," she nodded and took a deep breath before exhaling it all out, "Hikaru and Kaoru are your cousins and possibly the next heir to this place. I haven't told anyone about this, except to your father and you. I couldn't trust anyone here, so I kept it as a secret and made up a story about Hikaru and Kaoru being orphans."

"Wow!" I smiled and let out a breath, "I can't believe this. But hold on a second, Hikaru and Kaoru were born before me?"

"Nope," she said and shook her head, "The woman who actually died from giving birth was someone else. I forced the doctor to give her news to your grandfather so that Akio would think that there is no successor of Eiko's."

"Woah! That's...woah! When are you going to tell them?"

"I will wait till they grow up to make the right decision. Till then, don't tell anyone, okay?" she asked me and I nodded. She suddenly got up and stretched her legs, "Let's go and sleep now."

"Okay. Good night, mom," I said and she waved her hand as she headed to her room. I got up and walked to my room. I opened the door and saw everyone snoring. They must be really tired from the journey as well as from the huge feast we had before sleeping. I walked passed the snoring boys and looked for Jungkook, but he wasn't there. Where did he go?