32 pt 3

4:01 p.m. 

"So your theme for the song is about love?" Jungkook asked Lucas who nodded his head. "And so is yours", Jungkook spoke again to Taehyung, "Mhm" he hummed. 

"Yugyeom, please tell me you're making a song about something else", Jungkook whined. "I'm going to sing about being young, something nostalgic is what I'm trying to go for", Yugyeom said while looking at his notebook. 

"The idea sounds nice, I got nothing right now", Jungkook pouted. "You'll think of something", Rose said while erasing something he wrote.

"Taehyung Kim", A staff called, "It's your turn in the studio", Taehyung got up.

He felt nervous. 

Not only for the challenge since he realized thanks to Jungkook, a love song is typical but he'd be with Yoongi, with cameras, and some staff there, making things more awkward. 

"Hey", Yoongi said forcing a smile. "Hi", Taehyung entered the room. "You can sit down", Yoongi pointed and Taehyung forced a laugh while saying sorry. 

"So what ideas do you have so far?" Yoongi asked. 

"Well, I want to do a ballad, I want something that'll make the person listening feel pain", Taehyung said while Yoongi laughed. "Good pain or bad pain?"

"I suppose it all depends on the listener", Taehyung said. "Any lyrics you have down yet?" Yoongi asked. 

"Uh, yeah", Taehyung showed Yoongi his notebook. While being next to Yoongi, Taehyung was overwhelmed by his scent. He smelled like home. 

"My heart is pounding", Yoongi read a line out loud. "I'm wondering...I wonder?" Yoongi shook his head. "So you're doing a love ballad song".

"Yes", Taehyung said. "Well theres' millions of songs that exist like that, what makes yours different?" Yoongi asked and Taehyung felt like his idea was silly. 

"Well?" Yoongi asked. Taehyung shrugged, "I feel sad, so I'm sure that will help". Yoongi looked visibly uncomfortable. 

"Well people who write sad songs tend to be sad sometimes, that's not different-"

"My aura, my voice, is what will make my song", Taehyung now lifted his head up. "Hm?", the older hummed. "My voice, it will make the song special".

"Okay", Yoongi said. 

"So ballads, they tend to have more piano or guitar, I suggest if you want be different, try using a guitar more", Yoongi began to play an acoustic guitar. "So take my song for example So Far Away, on a guitar, it sounds more raw", he began to play the chords. Taehyung nodded his head, "Sounds...nice"

Yoongi nodded his head.

The room was filled with this awkward mood that anyone could tell. 

"Time", a staff said revealing they only had 10 minutes left. "So, I think a ballad is a good choice for you-"

Some of the staff glanced at each other because their footage was...boring. With the previous contestants, Yoongi was making them feel more comfortable because they were clearly intimidated, he would try and crack jokes but this was just...awful. 

"However, a love song is typical and I would have hoped you would have pushed the bar and come up with something more new", Yoongi said and the camera people froze because Taehyung looked like he wanted to cry. 

Granted, whenever people got eliminated there would be tears, but never has anyone cried during a one on one with a mentor. 

"Why do you want to cry?" Yoongi asked and the camera people held their breathes because wow what Yoongi said did not help.