ten.

"Sinful Thoughts"

KINLEY ADAMS

It was Friday night after another quidditch match of the season. Another victory for the Gryffindor's against Slytherin. Fred and George were hosting a party in our common room in honor of the win but also just to get one last party in before we had to leave Hogwarts for winter break.

I wasn't terribly excited to go back home but I also didn't mind being able to get away from everything happening at Hogwarts.

In the common room all of the Gryffindor quidditch players were buzzing from winning yet another game. Eventually, many other students — including some from the Slytherin quidditch team — began piling into the common room. Sweaty, and clearly pissed off after their loss.

As I was about to head up to my dorm I heard the Weasley twins coming up behind me.

"Oi, Kinley!" Fred called out to me, "You're staying for the party, yeah?"

"Yeah!" George added on, "don't be a plonker in your bloody old dorm! Come party with us before break."

Fred nodded his head in agreement.

"But, the party's for the quidditch teams only," I said shouting over the music.

"Not at all!" Fred said amused. He tossed his arm over my shoulder. "We are throwing the party,"

"Which means we make up the rules," George said finishing off his sentence.

"AND, we get to choose who we want to come, so we said everybody!" They both said simultaneously, high-fiving each other afterwards. "Fourth years and up of course," they said grinning.

I looked around the room of people — full of all the quidditch players and students from every house walking through the portrait hole every other second. All that Fred and George let in. I laughed subtly.

"I think I'm going to have to sit this one out boys," and with that I trailed up the stairs to my dorm.

As much as I would usually want to stay to party, I didn't exactly have anyone to party with. Harry bounced between Ron, Hermione and the quidditch team while everyone else was with their own friends, so I would have just floated between the crowd anyway.

My mind was already occupied enough let alone ear piercing music that ricocheted off the walls to go with it.

I was going to stay in my dorm to get away from the chaos in the common room, but the walls were too thin to tune out the noise. I decided to go to the astronomy tower, per usual. I grabbed a hoodie and left through the portrait hole.

The castle was much darker than usual due to the thick white snow at every window. Shivering, I walked passed the empty classrooms, occasionally dodging the few prefects that roamed the halls.

Walking down the empty halls gave me an eerie feeling, as if someone was watching me. The halls were echoey and the windows were dewy from the cold, wet air, from outside. I noticed little puddles of water forming on the stone floors from everyone's wet shoe prints from earlier, and quiet drips of melted snow water coming from the ceiling above me.

Before I could get to the stairs of the astronomy tower I heard a voice call out from the wall next to me.

"Oi, Adams! Where're you off to?" Draco called out while stepping out from behind one of the walls.

As I turned to look at him I couldn't help but notice his attire. He was wearing an all black suit with his hands resting in his pockets. His eyes shuttered in an up and down motion as he subtly scanned my body.