- seventeen -

Aria Rowen

I hurriedly paced back and forth in front of my mirror. I felt bad, honestly. I was about to go on some ridiculous double date when I wasn't even remotely interested in Aidan at all.

At least it wouldn't be too awkward since I'd have Jenna there, but you never know what will happen when you let her tag along.

I looked at my reflection one last time in the mirror as I fidgeted with my skirt. This one was different than the one I'd worn a couple weeks ago at the Slytherin party. It wasn't as short or revealing and this fit the look I was going for— simple but nice at the same time. I hadn't left the castle in a while so I would at least try to have some fun.

Before I knew it, eight o'clock had passed and the four of us were walking down the street at Hogsmeade.

Aidan's 'friend' was a Ravenclaw in the returning 8th year, meaning that he was a year older than Jenna and I. Jenna already knew him since they were in the same house, but he introduced himself to me as Oliver.

Aidan opened the door for us once we reached The Three Broomsticks, allowing our group to walk into the bustling room filled with older Hogwarts students and a few elderly witches and wizards.

He led us to a table with exactly four chairs. Jenna and Oliver sat on one side, and Aidan sat down next to me.

A younger-looking woman with blonde hair approached our table.

"What can I get you, dears?" With a flick of her wand, a tiny scroll and pen appeared and she began to write something down.

"Butterbeer for me," Oliver gave a nod towards the woman.

"I'll have one too..." Jenna chimed in as she fidgeted with the short strands of blonde hair that hung in front of her eyes.

"I'll take some tea please," I watched as she scribbled something down with a wave of her wand.

"And for you dear?" She looked towards Aidan.

"A butterbeer please."

The woman nodded once more before vanishing the paper and walking away.

"You seriously got tea?" Oliver gave a laugh as he looked across the table.

"I just don't like butterbeer!" I laughed back.

"She never has, never will..." Jenna crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair.

A bell from the door sounded and Aidan looked up to see who had entered The Three Broomsticks.

"Fucking death eaters... cant believe they let that lot return to finish their schooling."

I widened my eyes as my gaze shot to the entrance, where Draco Malfoy walked into the room with Theodore Nott and Pansy Parkinson.

He'd seen me talking to Aidan earlier today, but he didn't know I had agreed to go on a double date— well, Jenna agreed on my behalf.

Thanks for that Jenna.

I slid down a bit in my seat, but I knew that wouldn't hide me from him.

"McGonagall offered all of the kids— you know, Zabini, Nott, Parkinson, and Malfoy and chance to come back, rather than end up like their parents," Oliver stared at them too, but I was unwilling to look up.