15

Ravens POV

Waking up the next morning was like normal. Gasping and sudden, but that's were normality ended. I hesitate to leave my room not wanting to face the team but really wanting my morning orange juice.

"I have a glass or orange juice waiting for you in the fridge," Jarvis says opening the elevator "most of the team is not in the kitchen this morning." I smile at his coaxing, walking into the awaiting elevator.

"Thank you Jarvis," I sigh looking at the walls "I'm glad I can count on you to keep my days relatively normal." The ride is almost peaceful, elevator music that is most definitely new playing softly as I wait for my stop.

Stepping out when the doors open I head for the kitchen. Pausing briefly at the entrance scoping out the people inside silently before walking in. I rush to the fridge hoping to go one morning without words.

"Good morning," Tony shatters my hopes with two words. I pause my hand on the handle contemplating just walking back out.

"The glass I left for you is on the second rack down," Jarvis says calmly trying to make me more at ease. I tighten my grip pulling the door open decisively and grab said glass.

"Look Raven, I-"

"Thank you for leaving me this," I say cutting him off "I really appreciate it Jarvis." I chug it down moving quickly over to the sink to wash the dish so I can leave.

"Raven," Tony says trying to get my attention.

"It was no problem Dear. You can just leave the glass in the sink," Jarvis says cutting the water off for me. I roll my eyes at him before turning to leave the kitchen. Tony stands and blocks my exit.

"Raven, just listen please," he says sounding oddly desperate. I frown stepping back, if I go through the back he can't cut me off but there's a longer walk to my room that might cause me to run into some of the others. Or I can try my chances with Tony.

"Please move," I say voice cracking pathetically "I have things I need to do." Tony sighs heavily closing his eyes in what I can only assume is frustration.

"Like what? What can't wait for ten minutes?" He asks then starts ranting "I just want to talk with you. You've been all about talking and getting to know you but now that I want to talk you run? How is that fare?"

"How is anything that you've said to me or about me fare?" I huff hugging myself before going on in a short rant "I'm not running, I just would rather not talk with you. You don't want to get to know me, you just feel guilty about what you did. So please just save it. If it makes you feel better I don't care anymore, say whatever you want about me."

Tony seems to take this as a physical blow because he takes a step back as if I had actually touched him. I look him over actually a bit worried I had physically moved him with my powers somehow. It doesn't usually work that way but I'm a tad emotional so it could happen.

"Raven, please. I was wrong to say those things ok, I get it," Tony sighs after a short moment "my actions where our of my own fear." I nod at him jerkily deciding not to go for a verbal response after a short moment.

We stair at each other in silence for a while after that. With him looking at me expectantly and me contemplating the back exit again. I am about to turn invisible and walk away when he gives with a sigh. I jump at the sudden noise not really expecting him to give in first.

"Ok," He says before walking away looking oddly defeated for someone who had the last word. Didn't I just let him win?

I don't think on it too hard and walk back to the elevator hoping to go visit the library. I've only seen it once and it's usually very empty. Apparently no one here enjoys a good book.

"Dr Banner has requested to speak with you today," Jarvis says going for casual but I see right through him.

"No," I huff "right now I just need a nice book and some alone time."

"Your visits with Dr Banner were very good for your mental health," Jarvis says calmly "plus he sounded very eager to talk with you."

"Oh so now he want to talk with me," I mumble to myself rolling my eyes.

"Would it change your mind if I told you that Mr Stark lied about what Banner said about wanting to not talk with you?" Jarvis asks and I look up at the wall in shock "yes, if I had known prior to yesterday I would have informed you sooner. Mr Stark had muted the room when he went to talk with Banner about you after your- episode."

"Well thank you for telling me," I say with a heavy sigh "but right now I really do want to get lost in a book."

"Understandable," Jarvis says softly "would you like for me to bring you a drink dear?" I chuckle softly.

"What's with the nickname?" I ask "you've been using it for a while."

"Do you not like it? I found that your endorphins rise when I call you that and I figured you enjoyed the term of endearment," I laugh at the explanation.

"My endorphins? Jarvis, your such a dork sometimes. You don't have a crush on me do you?" I joke.

"Please, I view you as a good friend. Do not flatter yourself so," Jarvis says with so much sass that even a teenage girl would be taken back. Of course that makes me laugh louder.

"Can I call you a nickname too?" I chuckle "how about darling? But always in a posh English accent!" Jarvis chuckles and if he had eyes I can imagine he'd roll them at me.

"I'm glad you find it comical that I gave you a nickname," he says with humor as the doors to the elevator open to the correct floor.

"Oh, darling it made my day. Makes me feel special," I say walking on "plus your really one of my only friends here so it can't really be helped I'd start shortening your name at some point. At least now we can have fun with it. If you don't like it I can stop I don't mind calling you by your name."

"I think the look on Mr Starks face when you call me darling will be plenty worth the stab to my ego," Jarvis replies as I enter the library. I smile about to reply when the smell of pure horror fills my senses. "Are you alright?"

I test the air trying to pinpoint who's in here when I see a shimmer an illusion on the couch trying to conceal the other occupant.