Prologue

»»————-————-««

»»————-————-««

Victoria laughs as Cho trips and she drops everything in her arms.

Cho groans and she lifts her head, turning and glaring up at Victoria who bites down at her lip, trying to hold back her laugh.

"Okay yes I know I shouldn't be laughing, but come on Cho, what did you expect?" Victoria asks, shrugging her shoulders.

Cho huffs and she stands up. "Thankfully I wasn't holding anything important." Cho says with a small grumble.

Victoria chuckles, helping Cho off the ground.

Victoria isn't your ordinary 20-year-old, far from it, especially if you're the daughter of an Avenger and especially if that Avenger is Tony Stark himself.

Growing up as the daughter of a billionaire, you would expect that it's all sunshine and rainbows but to Victoria, it wasn't.

The Stark girl was first kidnapped at the age of two and of course, she didn't remember the brutal experience but she did remember the next time.

And despite the high security, Victoria was captured again at age six. Where it went wrong.

It was the first time she killed anyone. She was inhuman, magic ripped out of her and it killed fifteen people. Fear was the main assailant, a child wasn't expected to have control of their fragile emotions.

And to Victoria, all she remembered was the colors green and red, and all she felt was pain and fear.

As years went by, she was lucky that the kidnappings had stopped. But the trauma of it paranoid her father and she no longer went without a guard shadowing her.

When her father was taken by the ten rings, Tony seemed to have appreciated what he had more and allowed Victoria a normal teenage life with a small sprinkle of an inhuman one.

When the Chitauri invaded Earth, Victoria fought beside her father and she became a valuable member of the Avengers.

And now Victoria interns under Helen Cho and the other brilliant doctors of Shield.

"Okay kid, go clean this up." Cho orders, dusting off her lab coat.

Victoria gapes at her. "W-what." Victoria asks "You heard me." Cho says with a serious look. "Wait is it because I laughed." Victoria asks

Cho offers her smirk. "Yup." Cho says

Victoria grumbles and she walks away.

....

Victoria was cleaning up the lab when her father walked in, sipping a Starbucks.

"Since when do you drink Starbucks?" Victoria asks, staring at her dad, confused. "Steve dragged me, can't fight a super soldier." Tony says, setting the cup to the side, and picking at a few stray beakers.

Victoria chuckles. "Why are you here Dad?" Victoria asks "We have a mission, my darling daughter. We tracked down Loki's scepter." Tony says

"Ohh yay, a mission, I'll be out in five minutes, if you leave me, I will hunt you down." Victoria warns, pointing a finger at her father, and narrowing her eyes.

Tony chuckles.