Chapter 10: The future that we hold is so unclear: Part 1

Song: "The Heart Wants What it Wants"

   School for the day was a drag, I was kinda excited for school to end to hang out at the guys and get to know Tory but  was also nervous . I got to 4th period how I normally do,early and headphones in my ears. I sat down knowing Hawk was coming to sit next to me so I wasn't surprised to see him stroll up to me.

     But I was surprised to have felt two fingers pull my face upward and crash into a pair of soft lips. As the person pulled away and my eyes open I was greeted with my favorite boy. "Hey handsome " I said turning my chair to face him. "Hey there beautiful, I missed you" he said in his low voice and grabbed my hand. "I saw you like Saturday Hawk" I laughed as he rubbed my knuckles. "So" he said as he smirked and bugged his eyes out and laughed. He leaned in again this time rested his hand on my cheek.

    He kept it appropriate, as appropriate as you can be with kissing in class. I felt him smile right before he pulled away. "This is economics not human anatomy " Me and Hawk both turned to see Demetri scoff and walk away. Hawk got up and I tried to stop him but it wasn't as much effort as I could. "So what sticks up your ass? The fact she'll kiss me or that she looks damn good in my clothes?" Hawk said walking up to sitting down Demetri.

    "If you wanna know, it's the fact your just gonna throw her out when your done and now I've lost both my friends " Demetri said getting out his book annoyed. I heard Hawk snarl in anger as he grabbed Demetri's collar and pulled him to his face causing Demetri to drop his book. "Take that back you nerd, you don't know what she means to me!" The book had caught the teachers attention. " Moskowitz let Demetri  go" he shouted.

   "He started it, you'll learn to keep your mouth shut" Hawk said the ending to Demetri as he turned and grabbed my hand. "Y/n you have go to be kidding how can you-" I turned to Demetri and looked at him . "You might be right but I don't care"  I said as I looked him in the eye. "He's not good enough for you" I felt Hawk get tense and heard his breathing sharpen . I placed my hand on his chest before he took a step.

    I looked Demetri up and down before angrily looking him in the eye, "My heart wants what it wants" I said before walking back to my table that once was me and Demetri's but was now mine and Hawk's spot.

I actually had to go to work so after class Hawk walked me out to me car. "You still up for the laser place tonight?"He asked as he opened my door for me. "Yeah I think it be fun, it be fun to kick your ass in front of your friends," I laughed as I sat in my seat and he smiled and rolled his eyes. "Ok yeah whatever" he leaned down to become eye level with me . "Well I have to go to work have a good rest of your day." I sat up a bit and held his face and kissed him goodbye. "I hope you have a good day at work, I know you've been dying for these hours" He said after we pulled away and closed my door for me.

    I rolled down the window and looked at him. "Yeah thanks to your hard work we only have to meet on Wednesday so I can pick up both Mondays and Fridays again." I said excited. I really did enjoy working because it was helping me save to one get out of the facility when I turned 18 and also for college.

   "Well that's because of you baby" he smiled and stood up. "Now go I don't want you to be late, and ill meet you tonight" he smiled and so did I before driving off.

    When I got to work I got changed in the restroom and headed to the front tying my apron around my waist. I looked up too see out the window Tory, she was walking into the restaurant across the street and it was a bit of a fancier  one but it wasn't my favorite. I shrugged it off and went right to work starting with cleaning tables.

    As the day went on I surprisingly didn't get anything spilled on me while serving dishes of pancakes  and  BLTs; milkshakes and scorching hot coffee my day was finally done. It was six and I grabbed my bag and headed to my car.