✈︎

Chapter 5

And then I found me a lover who could play the bass- Pierre -

- Pierre -

The days pass slowly after Vienna and Wilbur part the next morning. They both are sucked into their work. Unable to spend as much time together as they would like. Wilbur has gone back to streaming and other YouTube related things, like editing. He's also thought of the idea to write a full album.

Vienna starts production on a new song. It took her a while to get the feel she wanted. Endless hours of plucking the strings of her guitar. Her hair unkept, so focused on getting this correct it absorbed her. When it was final done, not quite perfect but nothing was to her, she set up equipment.

Her room turns into a studio, microphone in the corner. This discounts her from the house. Making it feel less like somewhere she is meant to be comfortable and instead a workspace. A place meant for productivity not rest.

That's what she does. She's productive and records every aspect of the song that day. When she sits down that night to listen to it she's exhausted. She pulls her headphones and pushes play.

The sounds of her guitar and her voice fill her ears and she grins. She's proud of what she just created. Vienna quickly downloads the file and sends it to Will.

Vienna
Attached File.
Will you listen to this?

When Wilbur receives the text he's in the middle of editing. He smiles at his phone and opens the link, pressing play. Wilbur listens intently as the music plays. When it finishes he notices a smile on his face.

Will
I love it
You did such a good job on that

Vienna
Thank you :)

Will
Are you busy later?

Vienna
Not at all

Will
Good I'm picking you up in an hour
Bring hiking boots

Vienna laughs and sets her phone aside. She walks to her closet where she had shoved the clothing items she traveled with. Digging around for a few minutes she pulls out a well-worn brown pair of boots. She quickly changes into more subtitle clothes for hiking and then places up the boots.

That hour passes quickly and soon Wilbur is outside. She runs out to his car and gets in.

"Hey," she says breathlessly as she smiles at him. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He puts the car in gear and drives. Vienna rolls down her window to allow the cool summer breeze into the car as she watches the landscape roll by.

The road winds as they enter a wooded area. The car ride was short, thirty minutes maybe, before Wilbur pulls into a cement parking lot.

"We're here," Wilbur says opening the car door. He goes around to open Vienna's as well.

"What a gentleman," she says in a joking matter as the curly haired man grabs some things from the car.

Wilbur leads her to a hiking trail that is surrounded by trees and they head off. They walk in silence for a little while just enjoying each others company and being outside.

"You know I got these boots at an airport in Australia. I had met some people in America who were planning a back backing trip. They had an extra seat cause their other friend ended up getting like surgery or something. So I went and need boots and here we are." Wilbur smiles at her shaking his head slightly.

"What?" She asks laughing.

"You have the craziest life you know that? Who just meets someone and decides to go backing with them in another country from where you were originally."

"I just think of it as having two opinions on how to live. I could either play it safe or I could live in the moment. Have fun you know? Not have any regrets."

"You're in control of your own world."

"Exactly."

✈︎✈︎✈︎

That day was the happiest Vienna had been in a long while. They had hiked to the top of a hill and had a small picnic Wilbur had brought.

It had been beautiful. A perfect day even.

When Vienna gets back that night she invites Wilbur to stay, which he accepts. Together they sit slightly tweaking the song and creating a cover for the single. Vienna finds a white background and has Wilbur take a few pictures of her.

As they work Vienna finds her getting increasingly more tired

As they work Vienna finds her getting increasingly more tired. When she closes her computer Wilbur goes to leave.

"You can stay," she says, her voice drowsy. Wilbur smiles at her and moves to wrap his arms around her waste as they get comfortable. Vienna lets out a happy sigh as she rests her head comfortable against his chest.

She wonders if this will last. She's never let anyone this close to her heart before. Vienna knows she's so invested now it will hurt both of them if she leaves.

Her heart already longs for something new. Something refreshing and exciting. Being on the move so often it's become natural.

Getting sick of somewhere despite loving certain about it.

As she looks at the man already asleep next her, her heart pangs with guilt. She debates asking him to come with her but knows she can't.

His whole life is here, his job requiring him to have a stable household. Something he may never get with her.

Perhaps she can stay this time. Try something new. The feelings for him aren't love, not yet, but desire. Vienna wants Wilbur so badly. Wanting to love him, to let herself be happy.

She's happy here, and despite all that she still feels the pull on her heart.

A/N
Unrelated kinda but I had a really bad day with my ADHD today and couldn't get anything done but I wanted to get a chapter out. Hopefully it's okay.