Chapter 20

What could possibly go wrong?

"Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time." – Walt Disney

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You want me to what?" I screeched.

"Come on Nat." She scolded. "Get a move on, we need to beat the boys."

I reluctantly took the phone out of my pocket and unlocked it.

I groaned when I saw who my last contact was – Mom.

"Please don't make me do this." I begged.

"You have to take one for the team." Brooke spoke in a British accent. Well – she tried to at least.

I let out a deep breath. "Start recording."

Brooke and Caroline snickered as I waited for my mom to pick up. Please don't pick up, please don't pi –

"Hey honey!" My mom's voice rang.

"Hi mom!" I squealed. "Whatcha doing?"

"I'm watching a movie, hun. What's up?" She asked.

Here goes nothing. "Um.. I found this great product that I think you might want to try out. It has a ton of great reviews and it's pretty cheap. I was wondering if you wanted to purchase it?"

A career in sales is certainly out of the question for me.

"Sure honey." She replied. "What's the product?"

Caroline, who was holding the phone recording, could barely contain her laughter. I swear I think I saw tears in her eyes.

"Lubricant." I squeaked out.

There was a long pause, followed by a deep breath and an exhale.

She finally said, "I think you and I need to have a talk when you get home, Natalie."

Fuck.

"But is that a yes or a no?" I nervously laughed.

Another long pause. "Sure."

I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks mom! Love you. Bye!" I hastily hung up the phone before she could think of anything else to ask.

"THAT WAS FUCKING GOLD." Brooke laughed.

"I am so showing this on your wedding day!" Caroline added.

"Is that so?" I grinned as I snatched the list of dares from Caroline.

Karma, sweet sweet karma.

...................

Following the mortifying phone call with my mother, it was my turn to pick a dare, and let's just say that I enjoyed daring Brooke to dance like a cowboy in front of Aiden's driveway way too much.

It's also safe to say that by the end of the night, the three of us will have enough dirt on each other to never stop being friends for fear of some of these videos getting out.

Caroline and I both decided to take one for the team and sit in the driveway in nothing but our underwear for five minutes waving to the neighbors. The fact that we didn't know any of them make the situation slightly less embarrassing, but not by much.

I honestly feel bad for Aiden's parents, their neighbors must think they run some sort of juvenile detention out of their home. There is no doubt in my mind that over the years, Lucas and Aiden have done crazier shit than standing in the driveway in their underwear.