fourteen

14. Crying Wolf

Aria gasped and opened her in eyes in shock, she looked around in confusion, everywhere she looked she was met with darkness.

"Hello?!" Aria called out into the darkness, "Anyone here? Damon?!".

"Ariana".

Aria quickly turned around when she heard a familiar british accent, "Kol?" Aria whispered shocked.

Kol looked at Ariana with a mixture of shock and admiration, "It worked, the spell worked, you're here".

"How--where--what's going on?" Aria asked, really fumbling with her words, she was not prepared to face Kol, specially after everything John had told her and Damon, "How can I see you?".

"I don't know" Kol whispered, "But I can't say I'm complaining, you have no idea how long I've waited for you".

Aria looked at Kol, a guilty expression coming on her face, "Kol I don't--".

"You don't remember me" Kol finished, giving Aria a small smile, "But it's okay, once we meet in real life, you will remember, you will remember everything, you will remember our love Ariana, you have to".

Aria gasped and sat up, she looked around confused and realised she was now in Damon's room.

"Aria?".

Aria looked towards the door to see worried Caroline and Damon looking at her.

"I talked to him" Aria whispered, still trying to get her head around the fact that she actually talked to Kol.

"Talked to who?" Damon asked confused.

"Kol" Aria answered, shocking both Caroline and Damon.

"What?" Caroline asked shocked.

"I just had a conversation with Kol Mikaelson" Aria said, looking at her boyfriend and best friend in worry, all three of them realising things were about to get much more complicated then they already were.

***

After Aria had woken up and told Damon and Caroline about her conversation with Kol, the trio decided they needed to talk to Elijah, he was the only one with answers, and that's when Damon informed Aria about the dagger John gave him, Aria nearly lost her mind thinking Damon was going to dagger the one person who has the answers to her questions, but Damon assured her nothing like that is going to happen, Elijah was the only one keeping Aria safe and Damon would be stupid to try to kill him.

The trio decided they needed to warn Elijah about this dagger but before they do that they needed to do some research, they needed to be sure this dagger could kill an Original, or if John was playing some other game, which is why Damon had called Alaric over.

"Ric, come on in" Damon said, leading Alaric into the living room, where Aria was, Caroline having left to help Bonnie with something.

"What did you need me for?" Alaric asked.

"So John Gilbert gave me this to kill Elijah" Damon said, showing Alaric the dagger John gave him, "Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth in that".