Chapter 14: The Future

The future.

A dark, desolate world.

A world of war, suffering, loss on both sides.

Mutants, and the humans who dared to help them, fighting an enemy we cannot defeat. 

Are we destined down this path?

Destined to destroy ourselves like so many species before us?

Or can we evolve fast enough to change ourselves, change our fate?

Is the future truly set?

~

2023

Charles sits among his fellow mutants using his powers to find his former puples and remaining X-Men.

"Professor?"Charles hears the voice of Kitty Pryde tremble in fear.

"I've found them." Charles speaks up turning around to face his comrades.

The X-Jet descends to a monastery in China as Storm creates a feild of fog making it eaiser for them to land undetected.

Once the ship lands Storm disembarks the jet first clearning away the fog followed by Logan who lights a cigar. As Storm and Logan look for signs of life Professor X dismounts the jet in a futuristic wheel chair with no wheels followed by his oldest friend, ally and former foe Magneto.

The group slowly make their way further into the monastery only suddenly be surrounded by Bishop, Sunspot and Warpath.

"Professor!" Bobby also known as the Iceman calls out before jogging over to the other.

"Bobby!" Storm smiles happy to see an old and familar face.

"Hey, Storm." Bobby replies pulling storm into an embrace.

"Hey, kid." Logan greets Bobby who responds with a respectful head nod.

"Professor!" Kitty Pryde calls out as she walks over to them with Colossus and a man with flowy dark hair by her side. "You made it."

"Lapis!" The man with dark hair calls out and in the blink of eye a woman with long silver hair comes running out with super speed.

"Grandpa!" The woman known as Lapis cheers running over to Mageto quickly pulling him into a hug.

"It's good to see you too, Speedy." Mageto smiles hugging his granddaughter back as the man with dark hair uses his powers to levitate his way over with the metal in his shoes.

As Lapis lets go of her grandfather, the man with dark hair pulls Mageto into an embrace.

"It's good to see you again pop." The man with dark hair smiles.

"It's good to see you too Lazarus." Mageto replies before adressing both his grandchildren. "You two have grown so much since I've last seen you."   

After a warm yet grim reunion Professor X, Magneto, Logan and Storm follow Kitty and the others inside where Kitty explains what she and the others have been doing all these years.

"Whenever the Sentinels attack, Warpath spots them, then Lapis sends Bishop back to warn us of the attack before it happens." Kitty explains. "Blink scouts the exit site and then we leave before they ever know we were there."

"Because, we never were." Warparth adds

"What do you mean you were never there?" Logan questions.