[65]

Soomin let out a soft sigh, looking down into her lap lovingly

Donghyuck had fallen asleep on her once again, and she couldn't bear how cute he looked whilst knocked out. Her hands swept through his soft hair gently, making sure to not pull on it or do anything that could potentially wake him up.

"He has such pretty eyelashes..." She muttered to herself, admiring his sleepy face. 

After a few seconds of just sitting there in silence, Soomin used her entire strength to tuck sleeping Donghyuck in, covering him with a light blanket because it was rather warm in the room. Then, she made sure to make as little noise as humanly possible as she tip-toed out the door.

She walked barefoot down the empty hallway, head engraved in thought as she skipped past the many doors.

Something had been bothering her. It wasn't about Donghyuck, not about the kidnapping. Nothing of that sort. 

Ms.Song.

For some reason, just upon laying eyes on that woman, something in the back of Soomin's mind screamed 'REMEMBER!'. But she simply could not put her finger on it. The outcry was so loud and desperate but the girl just really couldn't remember. Not at all.

Why was her face familiar? Most importantly, why was her NAME familiar?

Soomin really just couldn't remember.

"Hey kiddo, how are you?" 

The girl had been so in her own world that she didn't even realize who was standing in front of her. 

She stopped walking, a beam coming up to her face. "Hey Kun."

"Hmm hi!" Kun exclaimed happily.

"Oh wow you seem to be energetic." Soomin pointed out.

"Just in a good mood." He shrugged. "Anyways, I have some free time. Wanna catch up? We haven't spoken in a while." 

"Yeah, for sure." The girl nodded her head.

"Especially because now you're dating." Kun wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, and Soomin's eyes widened.

"What?"
"I'm just playing. Now let's go, I have some candy in my office. I'll spare you some."

Just the mention of candy made Soomin squeal excitedly as she followed the doctor to the infirmary. As usual, he sat in his grand chair in front of his packed desk, and she sat on the empty hospital chair opposite.

"Soo... I feel like there's been a lot of things up with you lately." Kun raised a curious eyebrow. "Especially with Donghyuck." He whispered.

"Oh, yeah, that, uhmmm." Soomin pulsed her lips together, eyes widening slightly. "Does... everyone know?" 

"Pretty much." Kun nodded. "Though it's not as much of a hot topic as you may think. Everyone expected this." 

"O...k..." The girl said robotically.

"But on a genuine note, I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into." Kun crossed his arms on top of his desk, looking serious. "I need to remind you that you're the daughter of one of the richest men in the country. Donghyuck is a criminal. Your worlds don't collide at all."

"I know..." Soomin let out a deep sigh. "I'm still thinkin about that."

"I just hope that you know that your relationship won't come without any consequences. You're being sought out after by the entire nation. If you're found here... this will mean big trouble fore everyone, including Donghyuck."

"Why can't everyone just assume I'm dead?" Soomin groaned, throwing her head back in annoyance.

"You never wanna see your family again?" 

The girl looked back to find Kun giving her a shocked expression. She sighed, sitting back straight.

"Of course not. I still love them. I'm just unsure of where to go next." She pouted.

"I understand. Then I guess let's talk about it when it comes to that." Kun nodded, then visibly relaxed.

"By the way, I've really wanted to ask this." Soomin leaned in, lowering her voice. "Is everyone in this house always this messy? Like oh my god, I've never been in a place so dirty."

Kun couldn't help but burst out laughing. "I wholeheartedly agree." He squeaked.

"Is this normal?" 

"Yeah, surprisingly, it is." Kun explained. "Despite a bunch of people here being clean freaks, the communal areas are usually super dirty. But the worst I've seen so far are Chenle and Jisung's room and Yangyang and Xiaojun's room."

He could see Soomin's visible cringe, and continued talking. "Actually, up to a few months ago we had a maid actively coming in like once a week. But after a while, Taeyong got really worried about-"

But Soomin wasn't listening. Suddenly everyone fell into place. The clogged wheels began turning again.

Maid.

Suddenly, she jumped up from her chair with a visibly shocked and distressed expression.

"Soomin? What's- where are you going? Soomin?" Kun called out after her, but Soomin was already out the door.

writing bad but plot good