6.02

Helena had been back at work for a while

Helena had been back at work for a while. More specifically, it'd been twenty two days since George's death and things were slowly starting to feel ok again.

As the short girl sat in a chair, reading over an article as Izzie got another dose of her I.L 2, she licked at an ice pop the blond had snuck them.

"There are good. Do they sell them at the cafeteria?"
Cristina asked, eating one of her own.

"No, those are the cancer pops." Izzie told them, a small smile on her face.

"Why do cancer people have all the fun?" Cristina complained, the three other girls slowly turning to look at her. Helena's eyes were wide as she looked up from her article, a small sigh leaving her mouth.

"How do you feel, Iz?" Meredith asked, double checking her friend's vital.

"I'm not looking forward to the hurling thats about to happen, but I feel ok. I feel good." Izzie nodded.

"Bailey is on some sort of rampage. I think it's Post O'Malley Stress Disorder." Cristina let out, chuckling.

At that, Helena closed her eyes, swallowing hard at the inappropriate and hurtful joke.

"She's not dealing with her grief." Meredith looked to the short girl, almost as if trying to explain.

"No, she's not. And it's making her inappropriate." Helena agreed, shooting Cristina a glare. "Stop being inappropriate."

"You two sound like Owen's shrink." The woman complained, in return.

"Owen's shirk is withholding sex, so she's grumpy." Meredith added, looking to Izzie, who still didn't know that.

"And inappropriate." The brunette added, sighing as she sucked on her Cancer Pop.

"Are Derek and Mark doing that too? Withholding sex?" The cancer patient asked her friends.

"Why would Derek withhold sex?" Meredith asked, an amused look on her face.

"Mark isn't, thought I accidentally did for the first two weeks. Guess I was too busy zoning out at all times and laying in bed awake at night." Helena giggled, attempting to make light of the situation.

"Alex is withholding everything... it's like he's afraid, but I don't know what he's afraid of." Izzie sighed.

"He's afraid of the cancer sex." Cristina let out, entertained by her popsicle.

"Cristina!" Meredith reprimanded as Helena's eyes widened.

"He doesn't wanna end up with a cancer pop..." The curly haired woman shrugged. At that, Helena got up, grabbing Cristina's popsicle and leaving with it. "Baby Einstein, what are you doing?"

"Inappropriate people don't get Cancer Pops." Helena told her, throwing the popsicle in a trash can with a serious expression.

"I'm not contagious, Cristina." Izzie reprimanded, snapping.