Chapter 27

"You're seriously sending me in there?" Simon points out the car window towards the drugstore.

"Everyone knows me in there and by sunrise the whole town will know about it." I deadpan.

"And when they see me? Who else will they think I knocked up?"

"Just spout some bullshit, I don't know."

Simon gives me a pointed look, before driving back onto the road. "I am not pretending I knocked some random up!"

"Because getting your ex girlfriend pregnant is any better."

I notice Simon smirk before I turn my attention to the radio. It was almost 4am so there wasn't much playing. My eyes begin to feel heavy and the recognisable feeling of drowsiness begins to consume me.

I stir awake and groan when the light from the sun hits my face. It takes a few seconds for reality to set in, and then I realise that Simon must have managed to get me to bed without waking me up.

I roll my eyes, with a grin when I notice my lack of attire. I deduce that Simons in the bathroom and lean against the door, with my arms crossed.

"You put me to bed in my underwear? Classy."

Simon continues his task, while I struggle to keep my eyes on his face. He's shaving, while shirtless. He still has the 'bad boy' aura that first attracted me to him, but now he also has the maturity to go along with it.

He smirks, making eye contact with me through the mirror

He smirks, making eye contact with me through the mirror. "You're welcome, actually. I know you hate sleeping in clothes."

"Such a gentleman." I laugh, stepping further into the room. "Did you get the test?"

Simon nods. He finishes shaving and wipes off the remaining cream. "It's in the second drawer down."

I nod, and take the test out from the drawer. A sudden wave of nerves hit me, so I glance towards Simon while biting my lip. "We're going to be good either way, right?"

Simon nods. "We're going to be good either way."

I step out of the bathroom a few minutes later, pregnancy test in hand. I haven't looked at the result, not wanting to do it without Simon. He's changed into some grey sweat-shorts and is wearing a black t-shirt that hugs his muscles. I however am still just wearing my underwear.

How sophisticated. 

I sit on a stool at the island, while Simon slides a glass of water towards me. I leave the pregnancy test which is wrapped in tissue, for obvious reasons, beside me.

I can feel Simons eyes burning me as they trail my body. "Wanna go shoot some hoops after this?"

I look up from my glass, with a small laugh. "We're about to find out if I'm pregnant and you're asking if I want to play basketball?"