Chapter 14 - Little Spoon

- Messages between Max & Lando -

Please come here and pick up your cock-blocking boyfriend, or I will actually murder him

What are you talking about?

you know exactly what I'm talking about, don't pretend that you don't know about Arthur and me, I know Charles told you everything.
and I know about Charles & you because apparently not being able to keep a secret runs in the Leclerc brothers' genes

Damn, you're right, they really can't shut their mouths.
Which can also be quite a good thing though, let me tell you :)

omg Max, please don't!
I really don't want to know how you do it, just please keep Charles occupied for a few hours, okay?

No problem, have fun :)

"Why are you smiling at your phone like that?" Arthur had wrapped himself almost completely into the duvet next to him, only his eyes and nose sticking out. This left half of Lando's body uncovered and pretty cold now, but he didn't care. Arthur just looked too cute like this.

"I just booked us some Charles-free time." Lando grinned, leaving Arthur raising one of his eyebrows in confusion, but before the Brit could start to explain, they heard Charles shouting from the other side of the door, apparently not daring to open it this time.

"Boys, I'll be gone for a few hours. Please don't do anything, I wouldn't do. Bye!"
Lando and Arthur looked at each other for a few seconds and then broke into giggles at the same time. As if there was anything Charles wouldn't do.

"I'm not sure how you did this, but you're the best!" Arthur exclaimed, unwrapping himself from the duvet, just to cuddle up to Lando and put it around the both of them again.

"Thanks, I was getting cold." Lando teased.
"Shit sorry, can't let that happen. Turn around." Arthur grinned, shyness nowhere to be found in that moment.

The McLaren driver hesitated for a moment, but then quickly obliged, now facing away from Arthur. However, before he could ask what this was about, the other pressed himself against his back, wrapped his left arm around him and buried his head in the crook of Lando's neck again.

"Better, little spoon?" he asked, his lips only a few centimeters from Lando's ear now.
"So much better.", the older one managed to get out, still a little overwhelmed by the sudden initiative coming from Arthur. He was definitely not complaining though. He liked it. Maybe even a little too much.

"I definitely can't promise I won't steal all the covers at night, but I promise I'll always be your big spoon and keep you warm." he now whispered, before placing a soft, barely there kiss on the side of Lando's neck, causing goosebumps to spread all over the older's body, despite being cozily warm now.

-

Lando woke up again, at the sound of a door closing. He turned around to see that Arthur was not lying next to him anymore. Instead he was standing next to the door, his hair wet and only a towel wrapped around his hips.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up.", the monegasque smiled apologetically before turning around to rumage around inside his wardrobe.

Lando couldn't help but bite his lip as he took in the mesmerizing sight in front of him. A few drops of water had slowly made their way from Arthur's hair down his back and now disappeared under the towel.

When Arthur turned around again, Lando quickly shook his head to get his thought straight again. "I ... umm, I guess I'll go and take a shower too then." he blurted out, grabbed some random clothes from his suitcase and almost ran out of the room.

Arthur shouted "Towels are in the first drawer on the right." after him, with a knowing smirk on his face.