21

haven't proof read, sowwy :P

They end up spending the whole day on the beach side.

It's just about to be the sunset when Sykkuno leaves the company of his friends to look for Corpse who had left his side sometime an hour ago.

He finds him far off from the hubbub of their friends, sitting on a giant, tall rock secluded from every other rock. He looks so peaceful up there that Sykkuno almost doesn't want to disturb him.

"Hey," Corpse says, spotting his presence quickly. "You wanna come up here?"

"Yeah," Sykkuno nods, struggling to climb up on the rocks. Corpse gives him a hand pulls him right up.

Sykkuno ends up sitting between Corpse's legs, his back touching his chest. The sun looks tomato red from here, casting beautiful lights into the sky, making it have ridiculously beautiful shades of pink and red.

"You know, when I was a kid, I used to go to this little mountain that we had in the village. And every evening, I rode my cycle there and saw the sunset." Sykkuno reminisces. "I took a Polaroid photo everytime the sky looked pretty."

Without a word, Corpse pulls out his phone and hold it in front of his and Sykkuno's face and clicks a picture of the setting sun and the beautiful sky in front of them. He flips the camera so the picture visible on the screen is both of them. Sykkuno's cheeks turn red watching them on camera.

"Say cheese." Corpse whispers.

"Um, cheese..?" Sykkuno smiles softly and Corpse clicks a picture of them.

"Okay, another one." He says, kissing his cheek, giving him no time to react before he clocks the candid picture.

It turns out beautiful. Sykkuno's pretty smile is on display while Corpse kisses his cheek. They look so in love, anyone could tell. The picture might be shaky, but it's beautiful nonetheless.

"You didn't give me time!"

"Okay, another one, then." He grins.

He leans in to kiss Sykkuno on the lips. Sykkuno's hands naturally go to cradle his jaw. The kiss is sweet and soft and everything both of them have ever wanted. The camera's click is heard and Sykkuno turns even redder at the photo of them kissing with the colours of the sun making their faces look orange in the true sense of golden hour.

"That one's kinda cute."

Corpse kisses him again and pockets his phone. They sit there in silence, watching the sun slowly disappear into the horizon.

"You know, these past few months have been surreal with you." Corpse whispers. The moment feels too fragile to be speaking out loud.

"Yeah. If this is a dream, I'd be so pissed. Cause I'd have to go through the exams again." Sykkuno pouts.

Corpse chuckles lowly causing goosebumps to erupt on Sykkuno's skin.

"Here I am, trying to tell you I love you, and you don't even care about me." Corpse pretends to wipe a tear off.

It takes a moment for Sykkuno to acknowledge what he's saying. But when he tries to turn around to face him, Corpse's grip on him tightens, keeping him in place. He doesn't say anything. He can practically feel the anxiety oozing off him.

"I really didn't think I'd ever fall in love." Corpse lets out a shaky breath. "I'm not the most cheesy sappy guy-"

"That's a lie."

"-would you let me finish?" Corpse complains.

"Yeah, sorry." Sykkuno giggles.

"As I was saying, I'm not the most cheesy sappy guy-"

"GUYS! I THINK WE'RE GONNA LEAVE SOON. ITS GETTING DARK." Toast yells, coming closer to their spot.

"Toast, I'm literally about to tell my boyfriend that I love him, can I have this moment?"

He says that so politely yet amusedly, it makes Sykkuno melt in his arms. Toast throws his hands up in defense and moonwalks away.

"So, as I was saying, I'm not the most cheesy sappy guy but-"

"Have you got the speech memorised?"

"For fucks sake, can you stop interrupting me!" Corpse almost yells.

"Don't kill me. You love me, right? Don't kill me. Sorry, continue." Sykkuno throws his hands up just like Toast had.

Corpse sighs. "I'mnotthemostcheesysappyguybutyoumakemebecomethatpersonandIreallylikethatforsomereasonandIloveyou."

"Wha- what?" Sykkuno laughs. "I did not get a word. You know, if it helps, I really love you, too."

Corpse sighs again. "I'm not the most cheesy sappy guy but you make me become that person and I really like that for some reason and I love you."

"Ooh, so you did learn that speech." Sykkuno teases.

Corpse fish mouths. "I literally hate you so much."

"That's not what you just said." Sykkuno grins, now turning around in his arms, laying his legs on either side of his hips.

"Yeah. I love you."Corpse nods. "Have for a bit now. Was just scared to tell you."

"I know." He pecks his lips. "You don't have to be nervous around me though. You can talk to me about anything."

"I know." Corpse fiddles with the hem of his tee shirt.

It's quite endearing watching him. He puts on such a tough exterior but he's a real softie on the inside. And watching him be so vulnerable and honest and truely himself, confessing his love for his boy, makes Sykkuno's heart do flips and summeraults and so many crazy movements. It feels as if his heart will fly out his chest if Corpse just looks up and gives him a soft smile.

And that's exactly what he does. He looks up. The setting sun reflecting glorious shades of orange and red onto his perfect face. Long eyelashes casting shadows on his sharp cheekbones. The ends of his lips curved up into a small smile, his cheeks tint redder and redder the more Sykkuno states at him.

Corpse has never been much for his appearance; still wants to wear a mask everytime he goes out and is in the presence of other people. But Sykkuno looks at him as if he's his whole world. And he is.

"I love you." Sykkuno whispers, tugging at the hair at the back of his neck.

"I love you, too." Corpse whispers back, smile growing.

There goes Sykkuno's heart.

Hiya!

I'm having a bit of a writer's block, so sorry if I take a bit longer to update :(

hope you liked the chapter :)

comments and votes are really appreciated :)

whole lotta love xx r