ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

(Ishejjsjee hot //by dummy_wums on instagram)

I don't move. I just stare down into Liam's dead eyes.

"Y/n."

"I didn't mean to. I didn't want to. I didn't want to hurt you guys."

"Y/n. Calm down and get up."

Slowly, I stand up and turn around to see William, out of handcuffs and with a distressed look on his face. He walks up and places a hand on my cheek.

"What happened?"

"I wanted to see Liam again... I just wanted to see him. That's all."

"How did he get out?"

"Bail..."

"And?"

"He wanted to hurt you guys... I couldn't let it just happen."

"Y/n."

"I'm not insane William! Trust me!"

"I believe you y/n! I know you're not crazy! I just need to know exactly what happened."

"He was talking about the voices. Do you hear them?"

"Of course I do. Y/n, I'm far past sane."

"So... Am I going insane?"

"No, I don't think you're going insane. He's made you believe all kinds of stuff you shouldn't."

I wrap my arms around his chest. "What if he is right?"

"He's not."

"But-"

"Y/n." William interjects. "He's. Not."

"You said you hear the voices and you're past sane."

"That doesn't mean you're insane. The voices you're hearing are probably trying to protect you in some way."

"Doubt."

"Y/n. I promise you, you are not insane. You just killed someone out of anger. That's it."

"That's it? Sure, you can say that because you're a dirty murderer!"

"Watch your mouth."

I back up from him and look down with my eyes to my mouth "you're a dirty murderer."

He grabs my ear, pulling it close to his lips. "You know what I meant. I wouldn't get smart with me. You know what I am capable of."

"You wouldn't kill me and you know it. Also, you're talking to a person with a knife. "

He pauses for a moment, trying to figure out someway to fight back. "At the moment no but as soon as this is all over, you won't have that safe guard anymore."

"Mhm, sure. As long as Alyssa, Micheal, or Scott are around, I'll be fine. Besides, you would murder your own son."

He sighs, shoving me away. "You're right."

"I already knew that."

"See? Another reason you're not insane. Sometimes insane people aren't very smart."

"Some are very smart William. Have you've not seen TV?"

"Whatever. Why do you always have to fight me on everything?"

"Because you're wrong a lot."

"You really don't care do you?"

"To be honest, at first I did but then I realized you weren't a threat."