hugs (requested)

The sadness in your eyes broke Mina's heart with every glimpse she caught. She couldn't seem to figure out what was wrong. You've been in a happy mood for most of the day, laughing and clinging to her happily. But something brought you down and your smile was long gone now.

"Baby," she whispered and took your hand into hers, drawing circles along your knuckles with her fingertips. "What's going on? What's got you so sad?"

You didn't say a word and simply shrugged your shoulders instead. She stared at you for a moment, brushing your hair behind your ear with an adoring gaze. But as the minutes passed by and your sadness only seemed to grow, she knew she had to take matters into her own hands.

She put her arms around you and pulled you onto her lap. Her arms wrapped tight around your stomach, holding onto you with a firm grip so you couldn't wiggle out of her embrace, but not too tight that she'd hurt you. She laid her chin on your shoulder and sighed contentedly as you whined.

"Mina," you whined and laid your hand over hers, trying to get her to let you go but she refused to and only tightened her arms.

"I'm not letting go." She said. "I'm never letting you go. You're sad and you need hugs and cuddles and all the love I can give you."

It all sank in as the words fell from her lips. You did feel down but you didn't know why. You just felt sad.

But you also thanked your lucky stars in that very moment, because she knew exactly what you needed. You did need that comfort and warmth her arms give you. She knows you better than you know yourself. You couldn't help but melt and relax against her.

She moved one hand to reach for the remote to turn your favorite film on, hoping that the comedy would turn your frown upside down. She then grabbed the blanket from the back of the sofa and tucked you in.

Soft little kisses were peppered all across your shoulders and neck and you found yourself cracking a smile as words of love fell from her lips again and again.

"There's that pretty smile." She spoke happily against your neck. "So pretty. I love it! I love you."

"Love you too Mina."

You craned your neck to steal a kiss from her lips and she happily gave you a few loving ones.

"Feel any better?"

"You always make me feel better. But I don't want you to let go. Please keep cuddling me. Don't let go."

"Okay." She promised, kissing your cheek lingeringly. "Just lean on me. I've got you, baby, and I won't let go."