5. The Bridgerton Estate

The rest of the morning flies by in the blink of an eye. I spend a good portion of my time going over paperwork and decisions my father and brother have put into place over my future relationship. Though it was quite boring I was glad to have a slight say in the conversation, I know some other girls in my situation don't even have the ability to hear the plans, financial or political, that is to be put in place over their lives. After a professional talk, I play with my nieces and chat with my mother and sister-in-law before taking some free time for myself.

I decide to hike down to one of the parks in the city, one I used to run around it quite a lot while I was younger. I decide to also bring down my collection of paints and all the other supplies needed to have an artistic outing. I graciously leave alone, thankful for this short amount of alone time, I know that in a few weeks this will be unheard of.

Once I finally arrive I set up my equipment next to a small pond surrounded by greenery. I take a look at the time on the pocket watch my father gave me for my birthday some years ago and decided to paint for two hours. Once my time is up I will head over to the Bridgerton's house, to keep the promise I made with Eloise.

After testing my skill at gouache painting I am quite pleased with the progress I have made. Like I mentioned before I do enjoy painting and those sorts of creative arts. It might be because I am naturally gifted at the subject so it is quite peaceful, or maybe it's the pull from reality that makes me love it so much.

"What a beautiful painting," An unfamiliar voice chimes from behind me.

"Thank you," I quietly reply before turning my body away from my painting to the figure.

"I have a love for art, but I mostly sketch and practice autonomy. I feel like capturing human life into a piece of art is something amazing," The man continues.

"I quite enjoy painting whatever can keep still enough," I giggle slightly, "I fear I am far too slow and impatient to draw someone who would have to stay still for a long period,"

"Well then practice on drawing yourself, start with your hands and arms, then maybe look in the mirror and see what you bring to life on paper from there,"

"Well of course I have dabbled in drawing limbs and such, and yes I have drawn people, my features included, but most of the time the humans I draw are made up, not off of a real model,"

"That's ok, sometimes it's the fictional characters that feel dearest to the artist, it's like you created them yourself," The man explains taking a seat on the grass next to me, "The name is Benedict,"

"Nice to meet you, I am Veronica," I smile in reply holding out my paint-covered hand.

"And you as well,"

"Well I would love to stay and chat but it looks as though I have to hurry and pick up. I am supposed to be meeting a friend soon and I would hate to be late,"

"Of course, don't let me keep you from meeting. But if you ever need anyone to critique your work, or if you would ever want to help critique mine, you know the name," He smiles before excusing himself, "Hopefully we meet again,"

"I hope so too Benedict," I smile weakly before packing up my brushes and paints. From there I rush home, faster than I intended because of my loss of time. I accidentally stayed at the park for an extra half an hour but that is alright. I never told Eloise what time I would be coming over so she would never know of my late behavior.

After attempting to clean up all of the paint on my hands, and failing. I change out of my paint-covered apron and dress into a proper gown for an afternoon visit. Fine with my appearance I gather some of my favorite books into a bag and am on my way once more. I decided to pack one of my favorite anatomy textbooks along with some other earth science, mathematics, and health books. I limited myself to three for today because of the weight of each book, not that I couldn't carry more, but for Eloise's sake, I do not want to put up to much suspicion.