2020:12-Soulmate AU

Talia frowned at the sight upon her son's chest: a ladybug. It was a disgrace. A soulmate would make him weak. The first time he asked about it, she told him it was to remain covered at all times. It would do nothing, but dishonor him should he look into it further. It wasn't until he lived with his father that he was told of what it was and what it meant. Someone out there was meant for him and him alone. He could see how his mother would keep that from him. If he were still in the League, it would be considered a weakness.

Sabine cooed over her newly born daughter and smiled at the robin on her chest. Robins were a symbol of hope, new beginnings, joy. Sabine could only hope that her daughter's soulmate gave her all of those and more. 

The moment Chat Noir called himself her soulmate she knew he was wrong.

"I'm sorry, Chat, but I don't think your my soulmate." Ladybug stated.

'It definitely couldn't be Adrien, either.'

"What makes you so sure? We're the Cat and Bug team; you and me against the world!" he shouted.

"Chat, my soulmates symbol is a type of bird." Ladybug replied.

He instantly frowned, "And I'm allergic to feathers."

She only nodded.

"It's not me, is it?" he questioned.

"I don't think so." she answered, "We would have known back with The Dark Owl. I touched your hand."

Chat nodded, silently, and fled from patrol. She wanted to call him back, but knew he needed time. She did when she found out about Adrien's allergy.

"I finally got permission and I can happily say that Adrien is my soulmate!" Lila claimed before class.

Chloe immediately began to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Lila cried, "It's true!"

She immediately shrugged out of her jacket and revealed Adrien's name in cursive on her bicep. Underneath it was a timer that read zero.

"I'm laughing at how far you went to lie about a soulmate." Chloe scoffed, "Obviously, you don't have a script soulmate or that would just be insensitive."

"Chloe!" cried out Alix.

"No! As his childhood friend, I am going to stand up for this injustice!" Chloe shouted.

She pulled out a makeup wipe from her bag and rubbed it on her wrist, revealing a timer, as well.

"I started covering mine when I found out that Adrikins didn't have a timer. He's a scripter. Also, he's already met his soulmate; three years ago!" his best friend explained.

"Your just making that up!" Alya exclaimed, "Lila has proof!"

Marinette stood up.

"No, Chloe isn't." she spoke, "I've seen the words appear on his skin and his soulmate is his current girlfriend."

"Stop lying, Marinette!" shouted Nathaniel.

Soon, they began to throw things at her: erasers, wadded up paper, empty water bottles.

Caline opened her door to see the room in chaos, centered around Marinette. Adrien walked in behind her and noticed quickly that Marinette was in trouble.

"Mari!" he cried, running up to her and helping her up off the aisle.

Marinette pulled her arm from his grasp, glared at him and cried out, "Fuck your high road!"