Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 12 | The Interview

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Cassie Castillo," Ella's voice echoes in the air.

I step onto the stage, smiling and waving at the audience in the studio who clap their hands, cheering for me. There are so many people coming to watch the show—it's nice to know that a lot of people still like me. I guess that Luke has done a good job of restoring my reputation.

I shake Ella's hand and take a seat on the couch in front of her. She flashes a dazzling smile, gorgeous as always with her jet black pixie hair.

Tonight, she's dressed up in a rock and roll style, her black eyeliner making her beautiful grey eyes pop.

"How are you doing, Cassie?" she starts the conversation.

"Good. I'm doing good." I smile, crossing my legs.

"You must be busy with the wedding preparation," she says. "Aren't you nervous? You're about to tie the knot. Geez, the entire world is shocked to hear that you're getting married soon."

"Very." I nod. "I'm very nervous indeed," I say truthfully, and a small laugh escapes from my lips.

Who would have thought that I would get married this year?

"So, about all those previous rumors, they were all false, weren't they?" She shakes her head in sympathy, and I catch sight of slight guilt on her face.

I understand. Back then, nobody, including her, was brave enough to invite me to clarify the truth in their talk show, because there was just so much hate directed at me.

But after Luke stepped in and instructed his company to control all those dirty headlines all around the world, everything changed.

The turning point was when Brian Russel admitted that he did assault me after receiving a lot of pressure.

And to make it better, not many people know that Luke has the majority of the shares in Premier News and Media Corporation, so many people won't notice that our marriage is a business deal.

"All false." I nod.

"We're sorry for what happened." Ella sighs. "But it's all in the past now."

"Thank you, Ella," I sincerely thank her.

"If you don't mind me asking you..." she falters. "You broke up with Jude because of your differences, didn't you?"

I lay back on the couch. "Just like any other couple," I say. "Yes, we had our own principles, and we didn't agree much on that. Going in separate ways was the best decision for both of us."

I'm not lying, though. I just don't spill the fact that Jude cheated on me with his backup dancer. A peaceful closure is what I need right now.

"Well, you've moved on." Ella smiles. "Tell us about this man who managed to sweep you off your feet. Luke Klein. What about him? How did you meet him?" Her voice is rich with excitement and curiosity.

The room becomes silent. I can feel that the audience is holding their breath, waiting for me to spill our story.

Oh, God, it's starting. My hands are suddenly sweaty because of this funny feeling inside my stomach. I'm going to lie to the world. Nevertheless, I've rehearsed this with my team, so I should be okay.

"It all started when I attended an event hosted by one of his companies that specialize in high-end brands," I say. "He wasn't there, but he asked his staff to get my contact through my assistant, who was attending the event too."

"He asked for your number," Ella teases, and I can feel the audience start to become giddy.

"But I didn't let my assistant give it away, because I was still with Jude," I lie beautifully. "After I broke up with Jude, Luke finally managed to get to me, and since then, everything happened so fast," I pause, but Ella and the audience stay silent, still waiting for me to spill more. "He's always been there for me even when I was at the lowest point of my life. He trusted me even when everybody else was against me. He picked me up when I fell."