Chapter 6: The Interview

Washing up and putting a bit of makeup on, you thought about how perfect this job might be. You used to help your mom clean houses when your family was having trouble financially. You thought yourself a hard worker so hopefully she would like you enough to hire you.

     Slipping on your favorite blue dress, putting your hair in a messy bun, and putting on your black flats, you grabbed your bag and the address from the table.

   You stopped to look in the mirror. You only had a bit of mascara and some lips tint on. You'd always felt confident with little to no makeup on. Some guys even like when girls don't wear makeup. Maybe you'd be able to find a boyfriend here in New York. It might even take your mind off of Charlie.

    You locked the door behind you and checked your watch to see you had 15 minutes to be there. Plenty of time. Nicole lived only 10 minutes away so you hailed a taxi and were on your way.

    After paying the driver, you got out and looked up at the apartment building. It was pretty nice. Definitely nicer than yours. Outside were full bushes and stone steps leading up to the front door.

Walking up them, you were wondered how much she would pay and if her and her husband would like you.

   You pressed the elevator door button and took it up to the 3rd floor where Nicole lived.

   Reaching her level, you exited and walked across the carpeted hallway until you got to her apartment.

  The door was a deep red and had a tiny wreath made out of macaroni on it. It seemed like a child had made it. You smiled, finding this adorable. 

Knocking three times on the door,  you waited with your hands behind your back.

Eventually you heard a womans voice say "Just a moment."

  You recognized it as Nicole's.

  Another moment passed and you heard the door click. It opened to the one of the most beautiful women you've ever seen. Her short reddish hair perfectly styled, a dress shirt tucked into her tan pants and a smile on her face.

"Hi, you must be Y/N!" she said cheerfully, reaching out to shake your hand.

You shook her hand with a smile on your face and said

"And you must be, Nicole."

  She opened the door wider and motioned for you to come in

"Please, come in. My husband is just finishing up some work in his office, he will be right out. Henry!" she called

  You turned in the direction in which she called to see a young boy maybe around the age of 8 running toward her for a hug.

You smiled down at him as Nicole introduced him.

"Henry, this is Y/N. Y/N this is my son Henry" she said with a proud look on her face.

  He didn't seem to be shy like most kids his age. You babysat a lot back home.

You smiled at him and squatted down to get to his level. Although you were very short, you werent that short.

"Hi Henry. Its nice to meet you." you said to him.

You looked at his shirt and tried to make your best excited face.

"Oh my is that a Ninja?" you asked

He seemed happy that you were interested in what he was and he said