III

in-game
AMONG US

"Oh, hello!"

I look over the characters name and I immediately begin to get nervous. I've never met Karl, and normally when I would play with new people Rae or Corpse would introduce me. "Hi," I say it enthusiastically in order for him to not sense my nervousness, "I'm Moony! Or Alesia, I go by either of them." He chuckled, great I've probably messed up already, he probably already knows to call me moony. It's above my character.

"I'm Karl," he sounded like he was smiling, so maybe his laugh wasn't because of me being awkward. "Okay Karl, please don't kill me, I'm scanning." His character walks closer to the scan. "Yup, I see," his tiny purple astronaut begins to quickly circle my yellow one. For some reason, this cause me to burst out laughing, "W-what are you doing?"

"Just doin' my lil dancey dance," He let out a loud laugh, continuing to run around my character. I walk off med-scan, and began to run in a circle with him. "So, do you have a scan or are we just gonna keep dancing?"

"Oh yeah, watch this," he walks his character down and then up to the middle of med scan,"beep boop beep. How did that look?" His character immediately moves off of med-scan, definitely not a real scan and definitely not trying to seem like a real scan either. "Clean, one hundred percent real. I wouldn't suspect a thing." After joking a bit more and running around the med bay scan, a body was reported.

"This had to be a double kill, the body were right next to each other," both Brooke and Jack were dead, and Toast reported the body, "I checked vitals and then went looking for the bodies so they're kinda old." Poki, Sykkuno, and Rae all vouched for each other, explaining that they stayed together after lights. Karl ended up vouching for me and telling everyone I scanned.

"Yeah, Karl came up from decontamination while I was scanning but I think he's okay," I didn't want to tell them I didn't see the doors open so that Karl had more of a chance. Ludwig and Corpse had trouble defending themselves, but Lud eventually screwed himself over by lying about his position during the round.

Ludwig gets ejected and the meeting was over. I walk towards my closest tasks and then eventually make my way over to the admin room. While I'm checking admin table, Karl walks in from above, "Moony! My chat wanted me to ask you a question, is that okay?"

"Yeah, of course, but then I have a question for you."

"They were wondering when you're next stream is gonna be," Karl sounded a bit hesitant to ask, "You don't have to answer, they just keep spamming for me to ask." I felt a bit bad for him, not only can chat get really pushy, but he also totally just confirmed that he's imposter. "It's fine, I'll stream sometime in the next week probably. Or never. They'll find out eventually." We both let out a light chuckle and chitchat a bit more while making our way through decontamination.

"Wait, what was your question for me then?"

"Well, are crew-mates allowed to read chat?" He responds with a no, sounding slightly confused. "Then you're imposter, aren't you?" I smile confidently cause I'm nearly one hundred percent sure I've caught him.

"W-what! No, no, no, chat asked me before the game started. I would never read chat! You saw me scan, remember!" He sounded desperate to convince me, in a playful way. "It's okay Karl, I won't tell anyone. I pinky promise." He let out an elongated 'oouuu' and began to circle my character," You're gonna shrimp for me!? I feel honored."