Chapter 20: Calm and Rage

(Before this starts, I'd just like to say something. One thing that i notice a lot is that people will eventually hoard your ass for not updating, regardless of the reasons you have. I'm not ever going to post a single chapter explaining that, cause in my eyes it's cheated reads, therefore all announcements in that sense will be on my message board. So, if you want that kind of info, assuming I give it out for a specific scenario, look there, and following me would help you guys know whether or not I have to cancel stuff cause you'll get notified if I post something on the board. To be honest, I don't care if you follow me, but at least check my message board, or write something there so that others can see it, cause I'm not gonna respond to things like that on stories any longer.)

'YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!' Izuku Midoriya was ecstatic about the outcome of Momo's fight, and was racing down as fast as he could to meet and congratulate her. He leaped down the stairway, skipping over 4 to 5 steps every time his foot touched the ground.

Momo Yaoyorozu, on the other hand, was just as excited to see Izuku for that very reason, but the rush of adrenaline and shock from winning delayed her motor functions to a very undesirable, not to mention that she was physically exhausted. All of those factors combined resulted in a panting Momo Yaoyorozu, leaning against the wall to fully catch her breath and relax.

Izuku, reaching the tunnel, saw her, and called her name. "Momo!!" He waved his hand, getting her attention. Her eyes lit up with joy when she saw him, and all previous shortages of breath became irrelevant as she ran towards him. He expected her to stop in front of him once their distance had been closed, but instead, she swiftly brought him into a tight hug.

"I did it, Izuku! Just like you said!" Izuku could feel a few droplets of joyous tears along his shoulder, and rubbed her back with one his hands.

"Hell yeah, you did. That was awesome!" He responded. Just as he was about to say more, the door to the waiting room on their side of the arena opened to reveal their red-haired friend.

"Hey, you two! I see that you two are getting very cozy!" Kirishima joked, causing the two to quickly break up the hug  "In fact, if my ears don't deceive me, I believe you're on first name basis! What's going on there, Midoriya?"

Kirishima walked to Izuku, nudging his shoulder for a response, "N-Nothing!! It's not what you think! W-We're just... friends, right?" He looked to Momo, who, while disheartened by the language he used, furiously nodded in agreement to hide her true feelings.

"Hmmm... if you say so, but I've got my eye on you guys!" He walked back into his waiting room, but not before grinning with a cheeky wink and giving a single finger-point to his friends.

Izuku rubbed the back of his head in a sheepish manner. "Haha, well, should we go upstairs? We can watch the next 2 matches up their before I fight!"

"Yea, that sounds great!"

...

"Ugh... how long is this going to last?!" Izuku cried out in frustration while watching the stalemate between Kirishima and Tetsutetsu. Both had been going at it for bordering on 10 minutes without any breaks. It was painfully obvious from the start of the match that this would happen, but it didn't make it any less difficult to watch.

"If I had to guess, probably for at least a fair bit longer. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a tie, judging by how nothing significant has tipped the balance in the fight yet." Momo replied, trying to come up with the most logical conclusion.

The fight itself didn't last much longer after her speculation, though. In actuality, the teachers who were responsible for facilitating the matches were just as bored and frustrated. Midnight decided that calling the match a tie and finding a better tiebreaker to end the match would be a better outcome than what was happening before her eyes.