𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

VISION

Darla slowly picked herself up as Ultron held Steve by the neck. She placed her hand on Ultron's shoulder, taking some of his power as Natasha threw Steve his shield.

Expertly, Steve caught his shield and slammed Ultron in the face with it, making him fall to the ground.

Ultron lifted up the ground, making cars slam into one another, he threw both Steve and Darla into the cars.

"Bitch." Darla uttered as she slammed her head against the car bonnet. She reached her hand up to feel the back of her head and grimaced as she pulled her hand back and noticed the blood coating her fingers. "That's not good."

Darla jumped back onto the van, only minutes after Steve, she climbed into van as the guard bots left to go and take down Clint.

She slowly walked towards the box, which had so many different wires attached to it. She reached down to cut the cable, only for a strong hand to land on her shoulder.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you." He warned.

Darla grabbed the man's wrist, and pinned him against the wall. Her grip loosened slightly once she looked into those familiar brown eyes.

"Mateo?" Darla's voice cracked. She released the man from her grip and looked at him in complete and utter shock.

His dark hair was much longer now than the last time she saw him, hiding his perfect brown eyes.

"Darla?" He questioned furrowing his brows. Darla nodded towards the boy, still hesitant.

"Y-You were dead." Darla whispered softly, a few tears streaming down her face.

"Nope, not quite." He chuckled, grabbing the girl and pulling her into his chest. It has been years since he saw her last. There wasn't a day that went by where he didn't think about her.

The van tipped slightly, causing both of them to stumble out onto the road. Darla groaned as she rolled over another car.

"Nat?" Darla said over the comms. "Get to that truck."

Mateo grabbed Darla just as another car came speeding towards her. Darla gasped at the quick movement.

"Saved you again." He whispered into her ear. Darla leant her head back against his chest and let out a deep breath.

"One day, you'll have to let me save you." She whispered back.

"Darla?" Steve's familiar voice came through the comms. "Are you okay? I lost you."

"I'm okay." She responded, stepping away from Mateo and just looking up at him. "I bumped into an old friend."

Mateo smiled, his eyes flickered up and down the girls body. The tight suit hugged her figure perfectly.

"Are you alright?" Darla questioned concerned for Steve.

"Yeah, yeah, had some help from the twins." Steve informed the girl, making her chuckle slightly.

She had faith that the twins would come around, despite them being on the wrong side at the start.

"Thought they'd come around." Darla muttered turning off the comms. "Can I count on you?"