- 𝟏𝟐𝟐

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     IN THE evening, daryl had once again chosen to hang out where they had previously slept. outside with the animals. there was a silence between them as the marksman's head hung low - he was disappointed in himself for letting that woman take lydia. he sent her back to hell because he couldn't bargain well enough.

     the brunette grabbed his hands, separating them as he picked at the skin on his fingers, "it's not your fault." rosaline whispered gently, crouching in front of him, "you couldn't have pleased everyone. she had knives to their necks."

     "rick would've done something." he muddled, "maybe we should've just-"

     rosaline cupped his cheeks with her palms, opening her mouth to stay something but footsteps from down below stopped her.

     addy had come up, holding a piece of paper, causing rosaline's hand to retreat, "uh, daryl... rosaline. i found this in henry's room." she handed it over to the man for him to read.

     daryl stared down at the paper, skimming the words, his face twisting into a disappointed expression. his head lifted and he stared his wife straight in the eyes, "he went after her."

     rosa sighed, jumping up to her feet, "we have to go get him."

     he nodded, "yeah. get your stuff."

     once the two prepared, they tracked across to the gate. rosaline called rhaegar and horizon over waiting for the guards to let them through. although, movement distracted her.

     connie, the woman they had saved earlier ran up to them, scribbling something on a piece of paper frantically. rosaline didn't know sign language, daryl either. when she held it up, the bold letters read 'i'm going with you'.

     surprisingly, with some reluctance daryl let her come with them. maybe he just didn't know how to say no, but he could have just simply shaken his head at her or made her stop. perhaps he had no energy to argue and just wanted to find henry quickly before he got himself into trouble. both he and rosaline had to do this for carol. he was her son.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     by morning, horizon and rhaegar had taken the three of them quite far into the woods. henry's tracks were clear in the dirt, his footprints telling them which direction he was going in and at what speed.

     connie nudged rosaline, pointing downwards. the woman understood what she meant as she examined the prints in the dirt. they stopped and repeated in a single spot, overlooking a small crater. probably where he hid to watch them. then they seemed very frantic.

     "daryl." his wife alerted him, grabbing his sleeve to stop him, "connie and i spotted this." she pointed to the ground.

     meanwhile, connie wrote something on the little notepad she kept handy. once she showcased it to them, it read, "he caught up with them."