𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Walking through the corridors, Renjun made a turn heading in the direction of the school garden.

The short boy came to school a bit earlier than he usually did. He was on a mission and he didn't want his friends to be in his way. Scanning the area first, his eyes land on the familiar boy.

He had seen the boy a few times and at times when he was wandering the hallways on his own, he would see Jaemin with him too. Contemplating whether he should approach the boy or not, he stood still a few meters from the boy.

Don't be stupid. You came here for a reason, so don't back out now. Renjun repeated the words in his head. Ultimately mustering up the courage, he approaches the boy. When he finally reached him, he hesitantly reached his arm forward, but before he could tap on the boy's shoulder, he had already turned around.

Now awkwardly staring at each other, Renjun was suddenly at a lost of words. "Can I help you?" Heeseung asked, a puzzled look on his face.

"Uh, hi!" Renjun beamed. "You're Kang Heeseung, right?" The latter slowly nodded his head. "Thank goodness, that would've been so embarrassing if I got your name wrong." Heeseung could only nod his head at Renjun's words as he was still confused by the situation.

"Right, you're probably wondering why I'm here..." Again, Heeseung only slowly nodded his head. "You don't really talk do you?" Renjun asked.

"Uhm... I- No, that's not- Well, sometimes, I guess." Renjun laughed as he watched the boy stumble over his words. "I'm sorry," Heeseung awkward scratched the back of his head.

Renjun once again laughed, but now taking a seat next to the awkward boy. "I'm Renjun, nice to officially meet you. I'm sorry if I disturbed you." Heeseung shook his head and waited for Renjun to continue, "I actually wanted to ask you something. About yesterday..."

"That was nothing! I was just scanning the classroom. You just happened to catch me while I was looking in your direction." Heeseung said, trying to sound as convincing as he possibly can.

"I wasn't accusing you of anything, bro." Renjun said, while a small smile played on his lips. "Though, I do want to ask. How do you know Jaemin? I never knew you were friends."

Eyes widened, Heeseung looked in a different direction. He didn't know if he should tell Renjun the truth or not. He wasn't sure if he could trust him at all. What if he used this to bully him? What if he told Jaemin- Snapping out of his thoughts, Heeseung whipped his head around, looking around the area. "What are you doing?" Renjun questioned.

"Did Jaemin send you? Because I told him to stay away from me. Look, I don't know what he told you, but we aren't friends and neither are Jaemin and I." Renjun was shocked by how fast Heeseung could speak, but hearing his words made the boy even more curious about the situation.

"I'm not the type to pry but Jaemin was pretty down yesterday after talking to you." Busying him with his book, Heeseung tried to ignore Renjun. "Hey, I didn't mean to-"

Frustrated, Heeseung got up from his seat and started walking away. Renjun was startled, but soon followed suit. He managed to catch the boy before he could completely disappear. "I'm sorry, please don't be mad." He was panting despite the short distance he ran. Heeseung did walk extremely fast though. "We can always be friends, you know? I don't know what your situation with Jaemin is, but I wouldn't mind being friends with you." Renjun smiled at the shocked boy in front of him.

"I don't-"

"Great! Starting today you're my new friend. Good doing business with you. Now come on, let's get to know each other!" Renjun enthusiastically said, walking back to the picnic table leaving a shocked Heeseung to follow.