Ch.10 • Throw up

May

"Get in the tub Roman, you have been playing all day, you need a bath" I say to my son who is currently running around the bathroom in his underwear.

It has been a very eventful week, Ace and I had sex, I forgave him and we decided to give our relationship another try. And through out the whole week our bodies have been glued together 24/7.

Today we went on a hike. Yes, a hike. Apparently the boys are leaving for Italy again tomorrow and they wanted to see Scotland a bit more before they left.

Well, all of them but Ace, he said he was going to stay another month before heading back home. He wanted to stay with me and my boys for a bit longer.

"No mama, I big boy, no bath"

"If your such a big boy then you don't need my help with making your own food? Or how about going to bed with out my kisses, huh?"

"No mama, I am a baby, I need your kisses" he says instantly running over to me and hugged my legs.

Right when I was about to kiss his head I felt vomit come up into my mouth, about 2 days ago I started to throw up in the morning, just the morning. But now that morning sickness has turned into all day sickness, I've even had to take extra breaks at work just to throw up.

I don't know what is going on, the only possible factor for this is that I am pregnant, but I have only felt sick for about 3 days, so I don't want to make any assumptions too early.

I rush over to the toilet and fall to my knees immediately.

"Mama? You ok mama?" Roman asks behind me

"Yes baby, I'm ok" I say lifting my head and turning it to the side in order to face my baby.

"May?"

I see Ace standing in the doorway of the bathroom looking at me. It is at this moment that I notice my appearance, my hair was messy, my eyes droopy, and overall I looked like death.

"Are you ok gattina?"

I am debating weather to lie or tell him the truth

"I think so"

"What do you mean you think so?" He says taking a couple steps into the bathroom, he grabs Roman and holds him onto his hip.

I would be lying if I said that the sight of him doing that didn't bring joy to my heart

"I mean I have been sick lately, but I think it's just food poisoning." I half lied, I didn't think it was food poisoning, I think I'm pregnant. But how am I going to say that, 'hey I know we have only been together for a week, but I think I'm prego!'

"We should go to a doctor to check it out"

"Ummm, but I am a doctor remember? So I don't think that I need to go to one"

"Well I think otherwise so tomorrow we are going to the doctors, ok? For me?"

"Alright" I say, I know that he will take me either way.
————————————————————————
Ace
Theo and I are walking up the stairs to go see May, apparently it's shower time for Theo and his brother, but May took Roman early because he had spilt food all over himself, plus he was sweaty from our hike today.

As we go up I can hear May gagging in the bathroom so I tell Theo to go grab his pajamas from his room so that I can check in on May.

I walk in and just as I guessed she is throwing up in the toilet with Roman rubbing her back, for a 1 1/2 year old, Roman is a very smart.

I talked to her about going to the doctor, she reluctantly agrees and I can tell she in nervous to go.

She said that its food poisoning but I know her well enough to see that she is lying, it's been a week since we first 'did it' and that was the only time I was able to stick it in without protection.

We eventually get both boys bathed and dressed into their pj's and May kisses them and prays with them before telling them to go to sleep.

May is catholic so praying before bed is normal to her and the boys, don't worry her religion will not conflict with the story I just thought I would say that.

Once she steps out of their room she sees me standing outside the door waiting.

"Ready for bed" I ask her

"I'm going to say good night to Vincent, Silas, and Mateo first"

"Alright"

I follow her down to the end of the hall we're the boys are staying, they all say goodnight and we are finally able to go to bed.

I have been sleeping with May ever since the night we made love, thankfully Theo has never woken in on us or in the morning.

We get into bed and I pull her closer to me so I am covering her body with my arms, I missed this, and I am happy to have this whole feeling back