Sorted

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,But don't judge on what you see,I'll eat myself if you can findA smarter hat than me

But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

Amelia clapped loudly for the hat as it finished its song. It sung that song every year and Amelia loved it. Some people would cover their ears when they heard the song but Amelia nodded her head to the hats song. Amelia then watched as the first years got sorted into each house. Amelia clapped for each one especially for the ones who got sorted into Hufflepuff which was her own house. The hat was leaning towards RavenClaw for her but it ultimately decided to put her in Hufflepuff as her kindness and loyalty was even stronger then her brains.

She then ate her food quietly. She cut down a large piece of cake and put it onto her plate. She took a bite out of the cake. The coconut shreds that were placed on top had made the cake dance in the girls mouth. It was delicious. Amelia quickly ate the cake rather quickly and then drank some of the water in front of her. She then stopped eating when she heard Dumbledore the headmaster of the school start to speak. Amelia had always liked the headmaster. He had always been very kind to the girl. Amelia always made sure to make cookies for the headmaster for his birthday every year. She also made cookies for Hagrid who was the care of magical creatures teacher, a class in which Amelia loved very much.

"Well now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The TriWizard Tournament" everyone in the room began to chatter amongst themselves quietly. Amelia had heard of the tournament before.

"For those of you who do not know, The Triwizard Tournament brings together 3 schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted." Amelia had chills run down her back as she heard those words.