My virtue

(Quick warning: this chapter is slightly NSFW but not much!!)

I do not know what to say after this and seemingly, neither does he. There is a silence that seems as though it does last forever, before I feel his hand gentle on the bare skin of my neck, and then his lips against my own. Of course, I have no idea what I am supposed to do, and so I only try to mimic his actions. This seems to work, the hand that is not on my shoulder cups my chest, and I almost forget to breathe. There are no thoughts in my head right now that are not him. Him, and the way that his hands hold me as his lips continue to press against mine. My dress is no longer in the place it belongs on my shoulders, but is being moved gently downwards. Before he can do any more, I pull myself away from the kiss, and it takes all I have to do so. "Benedict I... I should not, I should not have... I should not even be in a room alone with you, should I? If anyone were to ever find out, no one should want to marry me and..."

"Why should anyone want to marry you when you are my bride?"

"Do you mean that?" I can barely hide my grin as he says this, I do not know how else to react, what else to do, what else to say, and so I return to the kiss, allowing him to remove my dress, so that it leaves my top half bare other than my corset. "I assume you know how remove a corset?"

"And what is it about me that makes you say that, Peaches? You really believe that I am so charming and so handsome and so witty that women take their corsets off for me?" He laughs a little between placing small kisses along my jawline that make the butterflies in my stomach flutter. "It would be much more comfortable for you if I were to ask Lord Granville if we could move upstairs."

"We should not do that. I cannot risk being seen with you, nevermind being seen here and with you. I do not think that will be such a good idea." I am a little embarrassed as he cups my breasts once more and I cannot suppress the noise that comes from my mouth. "I am so s-"

"If you are about to apologise, you must stop instantly. I do not want any apologies from you, I do not need them." He smiles. "Now, you will have to stand up for me in order to get that dress off?"

"Oh, of course." I rise to my feet, holding my chest as his hands trail from my hips to pull the dress downwards and to my knees so that I might step out of it. His fingers rest on my hips, stroking my skin with his thumb, turning me around to begin work on the corset. I am surprised at how quickly he manages it, given that I wear it every single day and it takes me longer to take it on and off than that. Clearly, I must fire my lady and hire someone who knows what they are doing. "You have already seen me like this. Do you remember?"

"How could I possibly forget?" Lips against mine once again, I can feel him smiling into the kiss as he unbuttons his own shirt, removing it and placing it onto the chair with my corset, rather more organised than I expected him to be. "Peaches, I assume this is not something you have done before but... well, I do hate to ask but it came to my attention recently with Eloise that young ladies seem to have very little understanding as to what marital relations actually involves."

"I spend much time at Lord Granville's home. I do imagine I have better understanding than your sisters perhaps do. Although I am not clear on all of the details, I would say." His hands are cold as they touch my thighs, pulling my stockings down to my ankles, teasing at the hem of my undergarments. "You are quite clear on all of the details, of course?"

"I am insulted as to what you are asking me, young lady. My virtue is as much in tact as yours is." As he grins widely, I know that this is a joke. I would expect no different, the rules for men and women in society were very different and so I should admit that I would have been shocked if he had not. Once I am fully undressed, and a little awkward, he starts to take off his own clothing, and I cannot help but stare a little. This makes him laugh, and so I quickly divert my eyes. "It is okay, you can look. Well, if I can."

"Yes... yes." I nod slowly, hesitating a little before I allow myself to look again, moving my gaze back up to his face. "I... what... what now?"

"I will say once again, this would have been much simpler with a bed. It will be much more difficult this way." He keeps both hands on the small of my back, his mouth so close to my face that I can feel his breath as he breathes out and thinks, looking around the room for something that will fit what he wants. "But still not impossible." His strength guides me to a small settee that Lord Granville keeps in the studio for late nights that he does not want to wake lucy up, placing me down gently and kissing me once again. I can tell that every move that he makes is careful and cautious, as he keeps his body hovering over me. I do not want that though, I want him close to me, and so I use the little strength I have to attempt to pull him to me. I cannot, I do not have enough force, but he knows what I am attempting and so does it for me. "And you are sure this is what you want?"

"I am sure. More sure of it than I have been of anything."

"Good."