Chapter 17- When It All Comes Down

Day 4, 28/12/1998

The Marauders and the unfortunate wife of one of them waited anxiously for Harry to come back. They didn't know when he'd come back or where he was.

The only thing they knew was that everything would go downhill once he came back.

Sirius, not liking the silence, stood up suddenly, "I can't take this anymore," he whined. "Let's go outside or something."

"Shut up!"

He pouted and sat down.
"You guys are so mean to me."

They just gave him blank stares.

"It's past dinnertime, he's ought to be back now." Remus said.

"I wonder what he did all day." Lily said enthusiastically.

Sirius smirked. "I bet he got rail-" he didn't expect James to throw a pillow on his face, therefore, he fell back by the force of it.

"Keep your dirty thoughts away from my son." said James, glaring.

The group fell into silence as the sound from the fireplace grew.

They sat in silence until Harry came with a sleeping Teddy in his arms.

Harry calmly walked forward the couch left unoccupied for him and sat down, laying Teddy next to him.

He looked at all four of them dead in the eyes as he waited.

Sirius gulped loudly as Remus played with his scars and James picked on his fingers.

"So," Lily began, but paused.

What the hell was she supposed to say?

Seeing her speechless, Remus continued for Lily. "We're not who you think we are."

Harry frowned as he tried to understand what that meant.

"We're... um- from the past..." Remus continued.

A strange sound came from the back of Harry's throat as his eyes widened and eyebrows shot up. "From the past, you say..."

The disbelief in his voice was clear to the others.

"Exactly," Lily piped in, Sirius and James staying silent, "We broke a Time Turner..."

Harry stayed silent before he gave a curt nod. "Okay, then. You're from the past. What am I supposed to do with that information now?"

The four exchanged looks. "Eh?"

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Come on, now. I've seen a lot of things in my life. Time travel isn't surprising for me." Harry said that, but would meeting his parents surprise him?

Remus coughed, "Yes, well, that's not it."

Lily stood up to kneel in front of her son, gently taking his hands in hers. "Harry..." she spoke softly, the other three silently watching the mental conversation between mother and son.

Lily felt the charm covering her real appearance fall as she continued to look into her son's eyes. Tears pricked and one fell shamelessly.

Harry looked at Leyla as she started to change. He frowned and his hands tensed in her grip as he watched the other's also change. Was this some kind of plot to kidnap him?

He looked back at her and his breath hitched. Familiar green eyes and unfamiliar auburn hair stood right before his own pair of greens and stared at him with such tenderness.

He tried to think of a time when someone looked at him like that, but found none. However, the regard was not something unfamiliar.

He saw the same look on Aunt Petunia when she was staring at Dudley before. Million times.

He saw the same look on Mrs. Weasley as she stared at her children.

No way.

He started at Leyla- no, Lily, in disbelief. His hands trembled as the rest of his body and he choked on a sob.

"Don't fuck with me..." was whispered.

He looked up to see the real appearance of the other three and a whine left his throat.

His alive godfather, father and former teacher were sitting in front of him and his apparently mother with teary eyes and awkward smiles.

His dry sob echoed as tears started to fall from his eyes. "S-Sirius..." he called out desperately.

Said man sniffed and stood up to bring his godson to his arms. The other's watched longingly as Harry cried into Sirius' chest and said man stroked his hair.

As Harry felt the hand in his hair, he became angry.

What the fuck?

How the hell is he supposed to know whether they are lying or not? What if they are? At this point, he didn't know what he'd do if this was all a lie. With that in mind, denial took over.

He pushed Sean harshly away from himself and stood up with his magic surrounding the room dangerously.

"Who the fuck gave you the right to fucking joke about something like this?!"

He yelled and the other's exchanged alarmed glances.

Shit.

Remus and James both stood up from where they were sitting and walked towards Sirius and Lily slowly as if approaching a wild animal, considering the fact that Harry was inches away from them.

"Tell me who! What made you think that it was a good idea to act like my fucking family?! What right do you have?!" Harry panted, his face red, "My family is dead! My dad first, and then my mum, and then Sirius and then Remus!" He yelled as tears made their way down his cheeks once more. "So please, leave me the fuck alone!"

"Harry," James approached his son with big steps and without warning, wrapped his arms around him, relishing the contact.

He buried his face in his hair as Harry tensed and tried to fight him. "Let go!" came from Harry's mouth as he began to sob violently, his body trembling.

James said nothing but continued to hug him, not minding the painful punches that would surely leave bruises.

"It's okay..." he murmured, "Please, believe us. Please let me hug you, my son."

Harry stopped fighting and wrapped his arms around his father, "Dad!" he cried out desperately.

Lily watched the scene with tears of her own and joined the hug, laughing dryly when Harry immediately trapped her in with his right arm.

She mentioned for Remus and Sirius to join and both of them pounced on the group, taking all if them down to the floor.

Harry looked at them with a brokenhearted and pitiful expression. "Please don't leave me again..." he pleaded.

The group said nothing, knowing that that was the only promise they wouldn't be able to keep.

●●●●●●●

So close to last chapter. Sorry for the late update... again. I hope you enjoyed this.

Oh, and I started an Attack On Titan reincarnation fanfiction. It's currently in my drafts. I'll publish it once I finish this. I hope you'll read it!