chapter 15 ~ lipstick

mature language
• mature scenes
• alcohol

//Dreams pov

I can feel stress starting to wash over me. Anyone could see his neck, anyone in this room could turn their heads at any second and see Georges purple neck.

I dont want to move too suspiciously, because then thatll draw attention to it, and thats the last thing I want to do.

Im trying to think of what to do when I spot Nikis small makeup bag slung over one of the tables.

"I think I promised George that id get him food" I say to them, interrupting the conversation.

I step down on his foot, hoping he'll take the hint. Hes staring at me with confused eyes, but seems to understand I want him for a minute.

"Yeah, ill talk to you when we get back, okay?" he tells Niki, as I push him up off of my lap and start shoving him towards the door of the dressing room.

As we walk I snag Nikis bag and stuff it up my shirt.

I pull us both through the door, and once we're out of the dressing room I grab his hand and drag him off towards the bathrooms.

I can hear him asking questions from behind me, but im ignoring them.

I pull him into the disabled bathroom, theres nobody around so I dont care, not that I wouldve cared anyways.

I lock the door behind us, and hes staring at me like im insane.

"What?" he asks me.

"Sit on the counter" I tell him, pointing at the counter by the sink.

He does what I tell him, but he keeps asking me questions.

I pull out the makeup bag and try to guess whats right to use and whats wrong. Eventually I cant ignore Georges questions coming from behind me anymore.

"George look at your neck" I tell him, pulling out a small sponge from Nikis bag. Why the fuck is there a sponge?

"My neck? Whats wrong with my-" he starts, but he cuts himself off when he turns to look at himself in the mirror.

I start to laugh a little, his reaction was funny. I start to wonder how nobody else had seen this before I did.

I turn myself around, and I bring the bag with me and place it down on the sink next to where George was sat.

"Do you understand any of this?" I ask him, and hes looking down to see what im talking about. When he realizes its makeup, his face lightens up a little.

"A little bit, my sisters used to play dress up on me" he tells me, taking the sponge out of my hand and pouring a small bit of white liquid on it before he hands it back to me.

I stare at it in my hand.

"The fuck?" I ask him, and he bursts out laughing.

"What?" he says, and hes still laughing.

"I have no idea what im meant to do with this" I tell him, and that just makes him start to laugh again.

"Dab it on my neck" he tells me, and I do as he tells me. As I start to dab, I can see the purple start to fade slowly.

"Here" George starts, digging through the bag before he pulls out red lipstick. "This should cover it more" he tells me, handing me the lipstick.

"What, red lipstick? I thought we were trying to get rid of the red" I ask him. Why are we putting more red on?