Chapterish 39

The air is misty and the moon bright. It should be warmer than it is. I stand at the railing next to Brooks and watch the sea with him.

"Do you want to know a secret?" I ask, straight-faced.

"Hmm?" Brooks's hands finally wrap around me.

"I'm not that drunk," I tell him.

"Why don't I believe that?" Brooks voice is stern.

"I mean it!" I giggle. "Like, OK. Maybe a small drunk, but really not that drunk."

"Do you want to know a secret?" Brooks asks, tucking the loose pieces of my bun behind my ears.

I nod quickly.

"I've been waiting to have you alone all day. All night." He tightens his grip on my waist.

Go time.

I half expect him to kiss me, but he looks out over the sea like some pensive person I don't recognize. He looks back at me and smiles.

"I mean it, Emmy Lou." Brooks's eyes stare into mine. "I couldn't do any of this without you. I couldn't be here without you."

"That's some sobering shit right there," I say, teasing.

In all honestly, my earlier buzz feels miles away.

"I couldn't be here with anyone else. I couldn't do it," Brooks continues. "Our entire life –our friends –this. I can only do it because of you. If we didn't end up back together... I don't know where I would have ended up."

It's a rarity that Brooks spills his heart out while I'm left at a loss for words. But here we are. Here I am. Speechless.

I rest my head down on his chest. The cotton-scent from his shirt invades my nostrils. It's comforting, but I much prefer the perfume of his skin.

Brooks pulls me by the hand, leading me levels below deck. The cool air inside is refreshing and I'm extra glad for my tie-dye pullover. Brooks smacks into a door and stubs his toe, laughing. "Babe," I whisper, laughing at him. "Shh."

"You shh." He pulls me up by the waist and carries me into our stateroom.

The mood lighting is unreal. Tiny blue lights outline the entire ceiling and bed. The mirrored doors reflect the light, making the room seem twice as spacious.

"Finally," Brooks breathes into my mouth.

"Shut up," I exhale.

I reach my arms up and wrap them securely around his neck. Brooks hands find my ass and he scoops me up to him until I lock my legs around his waist.

He spins me around and pushes my back against the closet doors and leans into me. I bite his lower lip and thrust my hips into his. Brooks's fingers push my bikini bottoms aside and fill me from behind. I throw my head back in pleasure. Brooks burrows his lips into my neck.

His free hand pulls at my shirt.

Goodbye tie-dye. Meet the floor.

I unbutton Brooks's cotton shirt until his torso is on full display in the glowing light. My insides are burning. Brooks's eyes catch mine and I think I'm wetter than the entire sea outside.

Brooks walks me to the bed and drops me down. My legs fall from around his waist, sore from their unexpected workout. I sit up and pull him between my legs. I pull down his shorts and slide down his briefs until he falls out.

Perfection. Yea, I just said it.

I wet my lips, priming for some extra fun. Brooks places a hand on my shoulder and moves it to my throat, stopping my lips from reaching his head.

His grip tightens around my neck as he forces my back onto the bed. In one swift second he pulls my ass towards the end of the bed and kneels on the ground between my legs. His lips meet mine and my body explodes.

I grip his hair between my fingers, pulling hard to mimic his speed and strength. I wrap my legs behind his back, praying it will help him get even a little bit closer.

Brooks glides his tongue all over me, moving his hands in and out, but never deep enough. I'm going to die here.

"Brooks," I pant, almost crying.

I try to pull him up by his hair, eager to have him inside me.

He stands over me and kneels on the bed. I back up, making room for him, but he turns me over.

"Kneel," Brooks commands. He points to the head of the bed.

My quivering legs kneel on the firm mattress and I feel Brooks line up behind me. The wet spot between my legs is already dripping. I brace myself against the wall as Brooks fills me.

"Fuck me," I moan.

Brooks's hands glide across my nipples, down my torso and between my legs. His right hand goes to work, gently rubbing over my center with every thrust.

I feel his left hand migrate back up my chest, over my clavicle, and up to my throat. He pulls my head, so my back is against his torso, and exposes the side of my neck to his warm lips. Brooks kisses up and down my throat, still keeping it tightly in his grip. I can hardly swallow through the choking.

I don't know which of his hands to focus on. I'm guessing that's the point. The slight pain from his hand around my throat isn't enough to keep my mind off the prize. His right hand is perfectly in sync with his dick. His calloused fingers are rough against me as push into them. I pound my fists into the wall as waves of pleasure crash through me.

Brooks's breath is heavy behind me, his heaving chest sweaty against my back. His breath quickens and then stops altogether. He slumps against my back for support.

I drop my hands from the wall and fall back onto the bed. I'm V aware of the throbbing between my legs, but more aware of the tightness in my throat.

"Oh my god," I sigh, leaning across Brooks's bare chest.

"That wasn't god," Brooks jokes.

"Felt spiritual," I sigh.

Brooks's eyes crinkle when he laughs, catching the blue light.

Moments later I'm suddenly freezing again, but my skin is still sticky with sweat. I crack the porthole window for some warm air. The breeze smells like the sea. I throw my hair into a bun and slide under the top sheet. Brooks is already out cold.

We lay there, together in the quiet. The hum of the air conditioner lulls me to rest. My heartbeat has finally settled down. I focus on the sound of the water.

The waves smack against the hull. I hear it every now and then. I'm thankful it's not static silence. Thankful I can't hear anyone else on the boat.

I roll onto my side and replay the last half hour.

Is it wrong of me to bet no one on this boat has had such a night like this one?

Brooks is just full of dark surprises.