Chapter 2: A Parallax

I got up early enough the next morning to find everyone still asleep. Now was my chance. I headed for the bathroom and grabbed a towel from the hall closet. I slowly shut the door and turned the water on, hoping no one would wake up. The hot water felt so nice on my dry skin. I could've stayed in the shower all day if it weren't for the five other people in the house waiting for a few short minutes of hot water. I turned the water off, stepped out of the shower, and put my towel on. 

I hurried through the hallway, almost running to my room, when I was stopped. 

"Morning." The person said. I didn't want to look up, but I already knew who it was-Louis. 

"Morning, shower's free. Gotta go, bye." I said as I scooted around him and ran straight to my room at the end of the hallway. I closed my door and sighed. I was relieved that I got out in time. I was, after all, wearing just a towel. 

I headed to my dresser and started to dry my hair with the hair dryer. I was almost done when I heard a knock at my door. I set the hair dryer down and put on my robe.

"Hi." I said, opening my door. It was Harry.

"Can I come in?" He asked. Man, I could not get any privacy in this house.

"Sure. Watcha want to talk about?" I asked as I sat down on my bed.

"Well, we have a photo shoot and interview for a magazine today and I was just wondering if you'd like to join us." He said.

"Uh sure" I said.

"Cool. We have to be there by eleven so you'll probably need to be ready by ten." Was he serious? It was already nine thirty? That only gave me half an hour to get ready.

"Okay sounds good. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to finish blow drying my hair." I joked as I closed the door on him.

I went over to my closet and found a cute outfit to wear. It happened to be the top that Louis had just bought me at H&M, I hoped that wouldn't get him too giddy. I curled my hair and put on a little bit of makeup. I usually went with the all-natural look, but we were going to a magazine’s office and I figured that I should look somewhat presentable. It was five minutes to ten so I headed downstairs, where I found Niall sitting on the couch.

"I see you're ready." I giggled as I walked down the stairs.

"Oh yeah. I hear you're coming with us, this ought to be fun." He joked.

"Where is everyone anyway? Harry said to be ready by ten and he isn't even ready."

"They're probably all fixing their hair. It's funny how long it takes them and how short it takes you when you have much more hair then they do."

"The only perk of getting up early in this house: first shower." I said.

We both laughed. I heard footsteps coming from upstairs so I turned around. Niall was right; all four guys came down fixing the finishing touches on their perfect hair.

"You guys are such girls." Niall laughed.

"Whatever, we're going to be late. Let's go." Zayn said as Harry grabbed the car keys and we headed out the door.

We arrived at the magazine's office at eleven exactly. We all hoped out of the car and ran up to the secretary. She sent us up the elevator, to the top floor, where we met the editor-and-chief of the magazine.

"Hello boys, it's great to finally meet you. I'm the editor. We're just going to ask you a few simple questions and then we'll head to the photo shoot downstairs." She said. I didn't really like this lady. She wore way too much makeup and the dress she had on was definitely a size too small.