1) Small Town Mystery

Follow Vote Comment

Hey bubs! Welcome to my new story! (This is like my 5th Doah book, go check out my others if you haven't already!) I hope you enjoy reading my story as much as I enjoy writing it! Here's everything you should know before you start reading:

First, a short disclaimer. There will be a bit of cursing, light smut/mentioning sex, mentioning alcohol, family issues, and other possible touchy subjects. If one of these topics is hard for you, pick another book or proceed with caution <3

Also, I'm going to add songs in each chapter that for whatever reason reminds me of the chapter. You can listen to them if you want! DEFINITELY listen to the song after the chapter though otherwise, you will spoil it

Finally, there will be some references to the song "Dancing Queen" by ABBA (linked above) you don't have to listen to it but I suggest you do, cause then you'll better understand a few little jokes here and there (ABBA was a band with popular 70s music and in the story, Dixie listens to them) In this case, if you choose to listen to it then listen before continuing. :) ok but fr pls listen to it you'll understand sm lol anyway let's start! 

-thanks for reading-

"Bro, I'm telling you. If he had passed it to Reeves we would've gotten the touchdown!" Noah was pacing back and forth in his bedroom, on phone with one of his closest friends. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Agree to disagree." On the other side of the call his best friend, Bryce, was arguing with him about the plays of their last football scrimmage.

Noah, Bryce, and some of their other friends were all players on their high school football team. The summer was nearing an end, but they didn't want to be out of shape entering senior year. So, they had spent most of their summer working out and playing football at the town park.

It was a small town, the type where everybody knows everybody. But Noah liked it that way, he always knew what was going on. It felt comfortable, safe. He was one of the popular boys at his high school. Very popular.

I guess you could say he lived a very cliche and predictable life. Small town popular boy, the annoying player. He wasn't really like that anymore though, but he had quite the past of makeout chicks and a few hookups.

But he was raised right. He knew when to be respectful, he knew how to treat girls. Though he definitely wouldn't be considered the perfect boyfriend or even "husband material" his annoying tendencies and flirty remarks never went further than what the girls were okay with.

He was the quarterback for the Green Valley Eagles, his closest friends were all on his team. His life was simple, but he liked it that way. Everything was exactly how it was meant to be. He loved his life, it was the best he knew and he felt pretty damn lucky. He couldn't ask for anything more, and if he could he wouldn't. That's kind of the point of life, isn't it? We aren't meant to have everything, or be perfect. We're all meant to be a little bit fucked up.

"Alright, whatever dude, meet you at the park." As Noah hung up on Bryce his eyes diverted to the window across from his. He lived in a small suburban neighborhood. He knew all his neighbors, he also knew no one had lived in the house next to his for over a year.

That is, until a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago a small family moved in. Parents and two girls, was it? He hadn't talked to any of them directly yet, but he had seen them come and go a few times. What he knew for certain, though, was the girl living in the room across from his was absolutely breathtaking.