THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION

____

____

Second Semester was going by smoothly. Any confirmation with Umbridge left Ethaline angered by the second and oftener ended with her receiving detention. 

Of course, it always ended with a scar on her hand. 

"I will say to you the same thing I told Harry Potter," her shrill voice rang throughout her ears every morning when she washed her hands and looked down at the fading scars. "You don't fight back because you believe you deserve it and you do. You especially." 

Ethaline believed she did, for Azura, Harry, Cho, for involving Ron into one of her incidents, for Draco and her parents and everything else she had no control of but still felt responsible she took it. 

God she missed Azura, more than anything else in the world. She missed her dragon, her best friend and force protector. She groaned into her parchment paper and closed her eyes off a second as she laid her head on the table. 

"I see being a Malfoy isn't all games and luxury your twin makes it seem." 

Ethaline recognized the tone, "I see you've learned your lesson from touching me." She said as she exhaled and looked up from the table. "Any way I could help you Greenway?"

"Yes actually." He said, glancing around and sliding into the seat, "Meet me behind the castle at the witching hour tonight." 

Ethaline looked around awkwardly, "What?" She asked inquisitively, "No context? No clue of what I'm walking into—" 

He rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to murder you." He spoke as he grabbed the seat and slipped in, a cocky look on his face. 

"You'd be surprised how many people want me dead." Ethaline replied, to which he didn't reply and sighed. "Alright." 

Henry bowed slightly, "I'll let you get on your studying then." He said, a smirk on his lips before he began to walk towards the exit of the room, glancing around to make sure no one saw him. 

Ethaline rolled her eyes and closed her book before she made her to her class. She sat next to Harry, her hands working to find the page before she paid attention. Not another word was exchanged between them before class finished. 

"I'll be out..." Ethaline said quietly as she packed her stuff up, "At the witching hour...just thought I should tell you in case I go missing." 

Harry raised an eyebrow, "Thought I wasn't your hero." 

Ethaline looked at him exasperated, "Please?"

Harry sighed and nodded, "Would you like me to come with you?" He asked, watching as she shook her head, her blonde hair moving gently around her shoulders. The sudden urge to run his fingers through it was strong taking him back by surprise.