44

"How about we finish this argument because it's the only type of finish I'll ever get from you."

-
-
-

My heart rate kicks off from excitement. Not only the excitement of getting to see Cedric, but the excitement from the ball itself.

"Well, here goes nothing." Draco shrugs, wrapping his arm around Kira's waist, and leading us all out of the common room.

We eventually make it out of the dungeons and into the corridor, which has been decorated relentlessly up and down the hall with all different types of bewitched Halloween decorations.

Eery Halloween music plays softly throughout the halls as we walk, making our way towards the ballroom.

"There they are!" I hear Fred exclaim as we round the corner of the corridor, both of the twins sprinting over to all of us.

"Well don't you ladies look beautiful." George compliments, earning a swat from Ginny, and several thanks from the rest of us.

Eleanor, Kira, Draco, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle continue towards the ballroom, and the twins lean in to the rest of us as if to tell us something secret.

"Cedric, Ron, Neville, and Harry would kill us if we told you-"

"-But they've been going bong out of their minds all day, searching every corner of the school for you sods-"

"-Some clingy folks they are. Reckon they spent several hours trying to get ready to impress you lot." The twins whisper, each finishing each other's sentences.

I look over to the three girls who are trying very unsubtly to suppress their smiles.

"Don't worry though, we're making sure they're following the rules. Shooed them off to the ballroom before you guys came so they won't know what you look like." Fred finishes proudly.

With that, I remember that I forgot to bring my mask.

"Accio mask." I whisper, causing the three girls' eyes to go wide at the realization that they too forgot their masks.

We all purchased them, but the combination of relentlessly trying to get ready on time, and getting caught up in conversation with my Slytherin friends, we all just forgot to grab them.

They all mutter the same spell, and within seconds all of our masks are in our hands.

We put them to our faces proudly, and walk in the ballroom, arms linked with each other and the twins.

The elves have out done themselves with the decorations of course.

The ballroom ceiling has been bewitched to display a starry night, and the room is filled with ghosts who finally have an excuse to come out and scare people.

Students file in through all the entrances, and within minutes, the room is filled.

"Alright ladies, I'd say it's time for Freddie and I to go and find our dear brother. Reckon he needs a bit of humbling before he takes the dance floor."

The twins then start sprinting over to Ron and Harry across the room, yelling at the top of their lungs:

"There's our Won Won!"

Ginny, Hermione, Luna, and I burst out in a fit of laughter at Ron's beat red face behind his mask.

"Alright everyone, take your places on the dance floor and the person closest to you will be your partner for the first song. Remember the rules: you will dance with everyone who comes your way until you finally reach your date, and only then may you leave. Good luck, and have fun." Mcgonagall announces, causing loud cheers to erupt, and everyone to take their places on the dance floor.