Chapter 9

A great uncertainty had loomed in the air. It was the festival, and everything would be different now. (Y/n) stood atop of the hill that they used to love. The tree that had captivated them stood scarred. They sighed and overlooked the place they'd once called home. They had gazed out at all of the people that stood around the festival area. Technoblade had a plus one and had invited them, so the two were going to accompany one another after he arrived. They looked around the crowds, searching for one person in particular. When they spotted them, they made a mental note of where they last saw them. "Hello, (N/n)." They turned around and smiled that their old friend. "Are you ready to go down there?" They nodded and faced downward. Techno noticed their weariness. "Is something wrong?" They slightly shook their head and turned back to him.

"Let's go--after all, there's something I need to do."

*************

"Wait, how did you know?" Nikki sighed and slightly opened the door more. From the corner of my vision, I could tell that Wilbur didn't want to see her. Hesitantly, I closed the door and stepped outside.

"Am I not allowed to see him or something?" I sighed and shook my head. She raised a brow and then her usually soft gaze turned into a cold glare. "(Y/n), please move aside so I can talk to him." I shook my head, my gaze turning firm.

"He's not comfortable with you here." She huffed. "I'm not joking. He shifted whenever you tried to go in, that's a sign of him feeling uncomfortable." She shook her head.

"If you won't move, then I'll make you."

************

The festival was going according to plan. There was, however, one very important person missing--(Y/n). The last person that saw them was Technoblade, and he had no clue as to where they went. This fact made almost everyone panic. A key player in the future of the SMP had gone missing, and no one knew what amount of lives they had left.

Wilbur and Tommy scanned the crowds from overhead. They couldn't find (Y/n) anywhere. All they saw were other familiar faces. Wilbur, having enough, decided to go down whilst everyone sat on edge from Tubbo's execution. "Will...?" Expecting to find (Y/n), he turned to the voice. To his dismay, it was only Nikki. He frowned and turned towards the stage. He started giving a speech of sorts and Tommy ran back to Pogtopia. He'd hoped to find (Y/n) there. Upon arrival, Tommy found his close friend.

"Tubbo, have you seen (Y/n)?" Tubbo shook his head and gave Tommy a worried look. Tommy sighed frustratedly and punched the wall. Tubbo flinched but understood his friend's frustration. "Where could they have gone?!" Tubbo shook his head and turned towards the said person's room. As Tommy yelled more stuff to himself about the festival, Tubbo slowly went into the person's room. He'd remembered them saying something about needing to go somewhere and that they'd be gone for a while. They'd made him promise not to tell anyone, and he knew better than to not keep that promise. They'd also mentioned bringing Phil, an old friend of theirs, to the area of the SMP. The way he understood it, (Y/n) wouldn't be back for quite some time. He knew no one was going to take it well, but he also knew that (Y/n) does everything for a reason.

************

I stood over Nikki, who now sat on the ground with a few bruises. "Get out of my house." She nodded fast, all the cockiness and vengeance gone from her eyes. I sighed and turned back to my bedroom door and opened it. "Wilbur, are you okay?" He looks up at me and gives me a soft smile.

"Yes, I'm fine. I was just caught off-guard by her visit." I hummed in agreement and turned to Birch, who sat in his lap.

"Birch, I need you to do something for me." I watched as Birch lifted her head, letting me know that she's listening. I whispered something into her ear and she made a small noise. I smiled as she hopped out of the window.

"Where's the little one going?" I smiled at Wilbur's concern. People had told me that he'd turned cold after I left. With what I am seeing, I don't think that I can believe it.

"She's going to make sure someone stays safe for me." Wilbur nods and he walks closer to me. "What's wrong Wilbur...?" He sighed.

"I can remember what it was like without you. I felt empty, and I never want to feel that again."

**************

The wind howled around (Y/n) as they walked between a huge mountain. This mountain laid the path between the Dream SMP and Earth SMP. On the other side, they would have to find Phil. It was their only chance to help out Pogtopia. They'd heard of a bomb of sorts that Wilbur had built underneath L'Manburg. If they could get Phil there in time, maybe that bomb wouldn't have to go off. They wandered into the familiar snow that they'd once lived with. As sad as they'd been to leave Wilbur, Tommy, Techno, and Tubo behind, this was for the better. They glanced up to find the place that they used to call home. They held a slight smile on their face as they noticed a familiar figure walking through the tall doors that led to their former home. "Hello, Phil." His eyes widened and he shook his head.

"What are you doing home so early?" They smiled and shook their head. "(Y/n)...?" They opened their arms and Phil walked over to embrace them. They both sat there for a few moments, not knowing exactly what to say or do next.

"Phil, I need some help." He hummed and pulled back. "It's Wilbur. I know that Techno already came, and I hate to call him useless--Phil, Wilbur's going to blow up the nation he once led." Phil's eyes widened.

"Wait, what?"

**************

The wind blew around me as I walked to a certain destination. Wilbur was with me, and he knew where we were going. I smiled as my gaze set upon the tree I knew. The tree had survived almost everything, and I am glad that it has. I turned to my right to find other figures in the distance. My eyes widened and I glazed at Wilbur. "Will, people are walking over..." He looked up and shook his head.

"Don't worry about them. If they have anything to say, I'll shut them down." I smiled and nodded. How did he always know what to say? "Hello, gentleman. Can I help you?" They huffed and I noticed Alex glance at me.

"Yes, we noticed that you were alive again. Who exactly brought you back?" I shrunk behind him and he held my hand.

"That is none of your concern." Sapnap turned to George and Quackity, who both shrugged. "Besides, why should I tell you?" The trio laughs and then stares at him for a few moments. "I'm not joking, why should I tell you?"

"Why are you being so secretive about it? It's not like (Y/n) did it or something." I flinched at that quip. If only they knew how little of a joke that was. Wilbur shook his head.

"It's not who brought me back that matters, what matters now is that I'm back." Sapnap hums and turns to George. George shakes his head and Quackity steps forward.

"(Y/n), I need to talk to you later."

**************

Phil rushed to the area that (Y/n) had given to him. He had little time before Wilbur was going to blow up a country. He rushed even further forward. The area came into view and his eyes widened. No one else must've known. He had to hurry.

He pushed himself further until he made it inside. "What are you doing?" He watched as Wilbur slowly turned around to look at Phil, and the insanity was visible in his eyes. Phil shivered but kept his stance.

"I......Okay, I'll admit: this looks pretty bad..." Phil hummed and looked at the walls. "Do you know what this is, Phil?" He shook his head. "These are the lyrics to a song. What I was saying is that there was a special place--it's not there anymore." Phil shook his head. "Do you know what this is?" He gestured to the button on the wall--the one connected to many stacks of TNT. Phil nodded.

"Yeah..."