Chapter 13

Once they arrived at home, Elle and Nathan were quickly brought into hugs from their parents.

"We missed you!" Mary cried to her children.

"So so much!" Ben said, adding on, giving his daughter a hug.

"We missed you too." Elle grinned at her parents.

"Well go put your things in your rooms and wash up. It's almost time for dinner." Mary said as her kids went up to their rooms. Elle put her trunk down, letting Chanel off of her leash before changing into comfier clothes. She unpacked a bit more before she heard her Mother call them down for dinner, where they all sat around enjoying a nice family dinner.

//

Christmas eve soon came and the Mackins were buzzing with excitement for Christmas morning.

Elle was currently getting ready for her family's dinner. She quickly slipped on some black stockings before slipping into a red dress her mother had picked out for her. She had already done her hair and makeup and just had to slip on some shoes before walking downstairs.

Once she was downstairs, she was able to see her Uncle had already arrived and was talking to Nathan.

"Uncle Moony!" She cheered, quickly running over and engulfing him in a hug which he happily responded to.

"Hi Ellie, merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too." She smiled at her Uncle as Chris came into the room.

"Ah, Christopher, nice to see you." Remus smiled at him, bringing him in for a quick hug.

"You as well Remus." Chris smiled back as the four all sat around the living room, waiting for dinner.

Ben soon walked into the room, looking a bit flustered. "Uhm, dinner will be ready soon. Your mother and I are having some difficulties with our roast."

"It's alright Ben, take your time." Remus said, lightly chuckling at him as Ben nodded, running back into the kitchen, causing the kids to laugh.

Elle, Chris, Nathan, and Remus all sat around the living room chatting when they heard a loud noise from the dining room. They all shared a panicked look before running to the dining room to see Jackson laying on the ground, cuts, and bruises littering his body as he laid on the ground groaning.

"Oh my gosh, Jackson!" Elle yelled, running to his side as did Remus.

"Mum! Mum! Come here!" Nathan called out as Mary came running into the room to see a battered Jackson.

"Oh my, Godric!" Mary called out at the sight in front of her. "Nathan, Chris, get him to the couch. Elle, get my kit."

Nathan and Chris quickly followed Mary's instruction, helping Jackson off of the ground before Elle took off towards her Mothers office as Remus went to grab a wet cloth as Mary took care of Jackson.

Remus quickly ran into the room, passing Mary the cloth before Elle ran in with her mother's supplies. Mary used the cloth to wipe his face clean of blood as he winced in pain.

"Oh my gosh Jack, what happened to you?" Elle whimpered from his side.

"My Dad. He got drunk and attacked me. I barely got out." Jack quietly spoke as Mary sighed at him.

"Well Hunny it's okay, you are safe here with us." Mary spoke to him, using her wand to heal some of his deep gashes before reaching into her medical bag, looking through for her healing potion which she quickly gave him, making him drink it.

"Sorry to interrupt, dinner will be another hour or so. Jackson, I'm happy to see you, son." Ben said, entering the room.

"Elle and Nathan, help Jackson to the guest room on the east wing, would you? Let him shower and get changed. Chris, bring him some clothes." Mary instructed, following her husband into the kitchen with Remus in tow. The kids did what they were told, leading Jackson to the guest room where he was given new clothes.